strange behaviour on plone

yuri-2 yuri-2

strange behaviour on plone

Hi!

  I've a plone instance which logs are full of this:

INFO Archetypes User None tried to update Topic:text but doesn't have
enough permissions

this happen simply viewing the home page by Anonymous. How can I solve
this? It is a Plone 3.2 instance with all the security patches.

Nathan Van Gheem Nathan Van Gheem

Re: strange behaviour on plone

It's impossible to know without knowing about what addons you have installed.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Yuri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

  I've a plone instance which logs are full of this:

INFO Archetypes User None tried to update Topic:text but doesn't have
enough permissions

this happen simply viewing the home page by Anonymous. How can I solve
this? It is a Plone 3.2 instance with all the security patches.

Nathan Van Gheem
Solutions Architect
Wildcard Corp

Dieter Maurer Dieter Maurer

Yuri <[hidden email]> writes:

>   I've a plone instance which logs are full of this:
>
> INFO Archetypes User None tried to update Topic:text but doesn't have
> enough permissions
>
> this happen simply viewing the home page by Anonymous. How can I solve
> this? It is a Plone 3.2 instance with all the security patches.

Apparently, "viewing the home page" tries to change something
in a topic -- which is strange.

I would approach the analysis as follows:

  *  identify the code (likely in "Archetypes")
     which writes the log entry

  *  put a breakpoint there and analyse the context when
     the breakpoint is hit.

     "dm.pdb.zpdb" may be of help here. It is an extension
     of Python's "pdb" with a bit of special support
     for Zope. Its "w[here]" command displays Zope's
     "__traceback_info__" and "__traceback_supplement__"
     information (such as you see them in tracebacks)
     and thereby you can easily see in which templates
     and scripts you are -- or whatever other information
     has been provided by the "__traceback_*" feature.

  *  Once you have found out which view, viewlet, portlet,
     template or script is responsible for the modification,
     you can analyse that in detail.