reuse plonebrowser in tinymce plugin

Dominik Dominik

reuse plonebrowser in tinymce plugin

Hi,

I'd like to create a tinymce plugin that allows you to upload images directly from the clipboard.
Since the plonebrowser plugin already has same upload functionality I'd like to reuse that.

I already have a working  prototype.
https://github.com/domruf/Products.TinyMCE
https://github.com/domruf/tinymce

But obviously patching Products.TinyMCE is not the way to go.
So I'd like to create a separate plone plugin.
But to do this I have to run some javascript in the context of the plonebrowser popup.
Is this possible or do I have to copy the sources and replace the plonebrowser with my own version? Which also would not be ideal.

cheers
Dominik
Luca Fabbri Luca Fabbri

Re: reuse plonebrowser in tinymce plugin

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Dominik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create a tinymce plugin that allows you to upload images
> directly from the clipboard.
> Since the plonebrowser plugin already has same upload functionality I'd like
> to reuse that.
>
> I already have a working  prototype.
> https://github.com/domruf/Products.TinyMCE
> https://github.com/domruf/tinymce
>
> But obviously patching Products.TinyMCE is not the way to go.
> So I'd like to create a separate plone plugin.
> But to do this I have to run some javascript in the context of the
> plonebrowser popup.
> Is this possible or do I have to copy the sources and replace the
> plonebrowser with my own version? Which also would not be ideal.

Already checked this?
http://plone.org/products/collective.clipboardupload

--
-- luca

twitter: http://twitter.com/keul
linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/lucafbb
blog: http://blog.keul.it/
Dominik Dominik

Re: reuse plonebrowser in tinymce plugin

Thanks for your answer but this is not quite what I have in mind.

This addon extracts the data:image img elements and creates normal images in plone. This was my first idea but this approach has 2 problems.
1. I haven't tested it but I think this addon doesn't work with new versions of Products.TinyMCE (see https://dev.plone.org/ticket/13199 and https://github.com/plone/Products.TinyMCE/pull/39/files)
2. I'd like to let my users choose where they wanna store the images.

The seconde point is why I need the plonebrowser functionality, to navigate the plone site, choose where to store the image etc.
Dylan Jay Dylan Jay

Re: reuse plonebrowser in tinymce plugin

Have you consider contributing this to the relateditems widget in the
mockup package? It's due to replace the current implementation for
plone 5 and already supports drag and drop from the desktop.

Dylan Jay
Technical solution manager
PretaWeb 99552830

On 06/08/2013, at 10:00 PM, Dominik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer but this is not quite what I have in mind.
>
> This addon extracts the data:image img elements and creates normal images in
> plone. This was my first idea but this approach has 2 problems.
> 1. I haven't tested it but I think this addon doesn't work with new versions
> of Products.TinyMCE (see https://dev.plone.org/ticket/13199 and
> https://github.com/plone/Products.TinyMCE/pull/39/files)
> 2. I'd like to let my users choose where they wanna store the images.
>
> The seconde point is why I need the plonebrowser functionality, to navigate
> the plone site, choose where to store the image etc.

Dominik Dominik

Re: reuse plonebrowser in tinymce plugin

Well I wasn't aware of the whole mockup package yet
so I have to look into it first
but sure why not :-)