post_validate not called for reference AT

Reuben A Christie Reuben A Christie

post_validate not called for reference AT

I have an AT with post_validate method. this method updates value of a
field in AT. This AT copies a value from a referenceAT attribute.
I have a reference field in the AT with property  addable=1.

post_validate doesn't copy the attribute from the reference AT until i
explicitly edit the ReferenceAT object. It does not copy the attribute
from the referenceAT object (that i create using addable feature in
currentAT object) to currentAT object.

I hope i have explained well. is there a solution that would let
post_validate method know about the referenceAT and allow copying the
value of an attribute to currentAT ?

--
Reuben Christie

Decision Technologies Inc.
New York.

Sam Allgood Sam Allgood

Re: post_validate not called for reference AT

Reuben Christie wrote:

> I have an AT with post_validate method. this method updates value of a
> field in AT. This AT copies a value from a referenceAT attribute.
> I have a reference field in the AT with property  addable=1.
>
> post_validate doesn't copy the attribute from the reference AT until i
> explicitly edit the ReferenceAT object. It does not copy the attribute
> from the referenceAT object (that i create using addable feature in
> currentAT object) to currentAT object.
>
> I hope i have explained well. is there a solution that would let
> post_validate method know about the referenceAT and allow copying the
> value of an attribute to currentAT ?

Have you tried using a pre_validate method to do this?

Reuben A Christie Reuben A Christie

Re: Re: post_validate not called for reference AT

I am not sure pre_validate ? when does it get called ? because I do not
want to call pre/post_validate untill i create relationship with other
AT object from which my post_validate is copying the value.

Reuben

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 12:58, Sam Allgood wrote:

> Reuben Christie wrote:
> > I have an AT with post_validate method. this method updates value of a
> > field in AT. This AT copies a value from a referenceAT attribute.
> > I have a reference field in the AT with property  addable=1.
> >
> > post_validate doesn't copy the attribute from the reference AT until i
> > explicitly edit the ReferenceAT object. It does not copy the attribute
> > from the referenceAT object (that i create using addable feature in
> > currentAT object) to currentAT object.
> >
> > I hope i have explained well. is there a solution that would let
> > post_validate method know about the referenceAT and allow copying the
> > value of an attribute to currentAT ?
> >
> Have you tried using a pre_validate method to do this?

Reuben Christie

Decision Technologies Inc.
New York.

Reuben A Christie Reuben A Christie

Re: Re: post_validate not called for reference AT

i tried pre_validate also..but does not change anything..
My only problem is, that, pre or post_validate does not get called if
the AT is created using addable feature of other AT object.

if AT is created  without using addable feature of another AT, then it
works fine..
i found it by creating reference AT object first and then just picking
it from current AT where i have post_validator method to copy the value
of an attribute from reference AT.
Reuben