portal_* tools visible in contents after upgrade

Edward Muller Edward Muller

portal_* tools visible in contents after upgrade

We've upgraded a few sites to 2.5.2 from 2.0.5 and in all of them the
various portal tools (portal_undo, portal_skins, etc, etc, etc) have
entries in the contents view. I haven't had any time to go debug this
yet and was wondering if anyone else has run into this and if so what
the fix is.

Thanks
--
Edward Muller
Interlix, LLC

Zope, Plone & Zimbra Hosting

phone: +1.417.862.0573
fax: +1.770.818.5437

justizin-2 justizin-2

Re: portal_* tools visible in contents after upgrade

I'd strongly recommend upgrading to 2.1 first, but 2.0 -> 2.5 should work okay.

try forcing a clear and rebuild of the catalog?

On 3/5/07, Edward Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We've upgraded a few sites to 2.5.2 from 2.0.5 and in all of them the
> various portal tools (portal_undo, portal_skins, etc, etc, etc) have
> entries in the contents view. I haven't had any time to go debug this
> yet and was wondering if anyone else has run into this and if so what
> the fix is.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Edward Muller
> Interlix, LLC
> Owner
>
> Zope, Plone & Zimbra Hosting
>
> phone: +1.417.862.0573
> fax: +1.770.818.5437

Justin Alan Ryan
Director, Interaction Architecture
Auxilium Group, inc.: Gnudyne(tm), Qutang Networks(tm)
http://www.gnudyne.com/ | +1-415-738-7513

"You don't lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You
lead by going to that place and making a case." -Ken Kesey

Edward Muller Edward Muller

Re: portal_* tools visible in contents after upgrade

Well ... I had to explicitly clear it, then clear and rebuild button.
Dunno why a regular clear and rebuild didn't work.

Thanks.

justizin-2 justizin-2

Re: portal_* tools visible in contents after upgrade

On 3/5/07, Edward Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well ... I had to explicitly clear it, then clear and rebuild button.
> Dunno why a regular clear and rebuild didn't work.

spooky, submit to http://dev.plone.org/plone , please. :)

glad to hear you're up and running again.  best of luck!

Encolpe Degoute-2 Encolpe Degoute-2

Edward Muller a écrit :
> Well ... I had to explicitly clear it, then clear and rebuild button.
> Dunno why a regular clear and rebuild didn't work.

Rahh !
Then you made a 'find all objects' and objects that must not be in the
catalog are.

--
Encolpe Degoute
INGENIWEB (TM) - S.A.S 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632