(no subject)

Nicholas Walton Nicholas Walton

(no subject)

Perusing http://plone.org/documentation/link/Link.2004-03-26.5204020676
I see mention of the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), but no mention
whether it is a passing fad or not. Does anyone have any intention of
adding NLP facilities into Plone eg autoclassification of content,
keyword extraction? If not does anyone know of any people working the
area at all? Other technologies besides NLTK would be of interest,
including tools developed outside of Python so long as they integrate
with Plone in some way.

Many thanks

Nick Walton

"This is the bitterest pain among men, to have much knowledge but no
power."

                                                                        ~Herodotus (485-425 BC)
                                                        Greek philosopher, 'Father of History'
                                                               from The Histories of Herodotus

Raphael Ritz Raphael Ritz

NLTK in plone? [changed from 'no subject']

Nicholas Walton wrote:
> Perusing http://plone.org/documentation/link/Link.2004-03-26.5204020676
> I see mention of the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), but no mention
> whether it is a passing fad or not. Does anyone have any intention of
> adding NLP facilities into Plone /eg /autoclassification of content,
> keyword extraction?

We've been thinking and playing along those lines on top
of our (soon to be released) PloneOntology.

But nothing definitive yet ...

Anyone else up for this?

Raphael

> If not does anyone know of any people working the
> area at all? Other technologies besides NLTK would be of interest,
> including tools developed outside of Python so long as they integrate
> with Plone in some way.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Nick Walton
>

> "This is the bitterest pain among men, to have much knowledge but no
> power."
>
> ~Herodotus (485-425 BC)
> Greek philosopher, 'Father of History'
> from/ The Histories of Herodotus/

Anton Stonor Anton Stonor

Re: NLTK in plone? [changed from 'no subject']

Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Nicholas Walton wrote:
>
>> Perusing
>> http://plone.org/documentation/link/Link.2004-03-26.5204020676 I see
>> mention of the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), but no mention whether
>> it is a passing fad or not. Does anyone have any intention of adding
>> NLP facilities into Plone /eg /autoclassification of content, keyword
>> extraction?

Have a look at Haystack from Objectrealms:

http://projects.objectrealms.net/projects/haystack/browser/trunk/Haystack/

It can auto-summarize and auto-relate (by extracting keywords).

I've had a look at various natural language packages, but for another
purpose: To do some automatic monitoring of the quality of what's
written on a web site. It should assist editors in finding the weak
spots on a site. However, natural language processing is non-trivial.
So: nothing yet.

/Anton Stonor