modifiying common template names

serhat serhat

modifiying common template names

Hi,

I have a plone instance with multiple sites, each with different default languages and different audiences (like Russian, Turkish).

I would like to rename the templates "edit, search, search_form, folder_contents" into (still ascii but) more locally understandable words or phreases for a site. For example I would like to have arama_formu instead of search_form in the url of the search form of a site with mostly Turkish users. Also, I would like to do this per site.

Is there a way to easily accomplish this in Plone? Through ZMI maybe? For example, it is apparently not allowed to just rename templates in portal_skins/plone_forms..
ikken-tobi is never wrong
toutpt toutpt

Re: modifiying common template names

Theses changes are quite complex because they rely on links existing in many templates. So you can add new template in the custom skin directory or writing custom browser view but you will have to customize many viewlets, update many actions, and part of the site to make theses working everywhere.

A lots of work for few results.

Who is reading the URL except geek (but geek speak english) ?

Regards / Cordialement,
JeanMichel FRANCOIS

2011/11/15 serhat <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I have a plone instance with multiple sites, each with different default
languages and different audiences (like Russian, Turkish).

I would like to rename the templates "edit, search, search_form,
folder_contents" into (still ascii but) more locally understandable words or
phreases for a site. For example I would like to have arama_formu instead of
search_form in the url of the search form of a site with mostly Turkish
users. Also, I would like to do this per site.

Is there a way to easily accomplish this in Plone? Through ZMI maybe? For
example, it is apparently not allowed to just rename templates in
portal_skins/plone_forms..

-----
ikken-tobi is never wrong

serhat serhat

Re: modifiying common template names

toutpt wrote
A lots of work for few results.

Who is reading the URL except geek (but geek speak english) ?
u r probably right.. just wanted to make my urls more (locally) beautiful :)
ikken-tobi is never wrong
Marcos Romero Marcos Romero

Re: modifiying common template names

In Plone's Members folder there's a Script (Python) element named "index_html" (the default one) that calls a template:

--code--
member_search=context.restrictedTraverse('member_search_form')
return member_search()
--code--

I'm using this approach in http://www.flautistico.com/contacto/:

--code--
from Products.CMFCore.utils import getToolByName
utool = getToolByName(context, 'portal_url')
portal = utool.getPortalObject()
return portal.restrictedTraverse('contact-info')()
--code--

So you could use the same approach for your site.

Hope this helps

Regards

Marcos F. Romero
Responsable de Desarrollo
Inter-Cultura

[hidden email]
www.inter-cultura.com
+54 11 4542-8299

Enrique Pérez Arnaud Enrique Pérez Arnaud

2011/11/15 Marcos Romero <[hidden email]>:

> I'm using this approach in http://www.flautistico.com/contacto/:
>
> --code--
> from Products.CMFCore.utils import getToolByName
> utool = getToolByName(context, 'portal_url')
> portal = utool.getPortalObject()
> return portal.restrictedTraverse('contact-info')()
> --code--

I think that you would achieve the same end, but more cheaply, with
rewrite rules in your http proxy. However, the problem mentioned by
Jean Francois remains, i.e., if you click on e.g. the contents tab of
a folder, the url will still end in folder_contents.

> So you could use the same approach for your site.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Regards
>
> Marcos F. Romero
> Responsable de Desarrollo
> Inter-Cultura
>
> [hidden email]
> www.inter-cultura.com
> +54 11 4542-8299
>
> On 15/11/2011 9:12, serhat wrote:
>
> toutpt wrote:
>
> A lots of work for few results.
>
> Who is reading the URL except geek (but geek speak english) ?
>
> u r probably right.. just wanted to make my urls more (locally) beautiful :)
>
> -----
> ikken-tobi is never wrong

Enrique Pérez Arnaud
Yaco Sistemas S.L. | http://www.yaco.es
C/ Rioja 5, 41001 Sevilla (España)
Teléfono: (+34) 954 50 00 57 | Fax (+34) 954 50 09 29