importToolset - 'NoneType' object is not callable - upon product install

David Siedband David Siedband

importToolset - 'NoneType' object is not callable - upon product install

Hi,

I have a Plone 3.3.5 site on which, when I try to install certain
products, I get an error from GenericSetup about "'NoneType' object is
not callable" coming from importToolset.

I first came across this issue when trying to install
collective.googleanalytics.

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
>   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line
> 589, in installProducts
>   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line
> 526, in installProduct
>    - __traceback_info__: ('collective.googleanalytics',)
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 390, in
> runAllImportStepsFromProfile
>    - __traceback_info__: profile-collective.googleanalytics:default
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1179, in
> _runImportStepsFromContext
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1090, in _doRunImportStep
>    - __traceback_info__: toolset
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 128, in importToolset
> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

This is a site that I've "inherited" so I'm not sure of the its
history.  It looks like Ploneboard was installed and possibly not
removed properly, as there was still a configlet in the control panel,
and so I tried to re-install Ploneboard so I could cleanly uninstall
it.  However upon trying to install Ploneboard 2.0, I get much the
same issue.

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 600, in
> manage_importAllSteps
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 390, in
> runAllImportStepsFromProfile
>    - __traceback_info__: profile-Products.Ploneboard:ploneboard
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1179, in
> _runImportStepsFromContext
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1090, in _doRunImportStep
>    - __traceback_info__: toolset
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 128, in importToolset
> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

I'm not sure if the possibly botched previous uninstall of Ploneboard
could be at fault here or if it is a red herring.  In any case, my
goals are to get collective.googleanalytics installed, Ploneboard
cleanly uninstalled.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks
--
David Siedband
http://zentraal.com

Dieter Maurer Dieter Maurer

Re: importToolset - 'NoneType' object is not callable - upon product install

David Siedband wrote at 2010-9-21 04:28 +0200:

>I have a Plone 3.3.5 site on which, when I try to install certain
>products, I get an error from GenericSetup about "'NoneType' object is
>not callable" coming from importToolset.
>
>I first came across this issue when trying to install
>collective.googleanalytics.
>
>> Traceback (innermost last):
>>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
>>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
>>   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line
>> 589, in installProducts
>>   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line
>> 526, in installProduct
>>    - __traceback_info__: ('collective.googleanalytics',)
>>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 390, in
>> runAllImportStepsFromProfile
>>    - __traceback_info__: profile-collective.googleanalytics:default
>>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1179, in
>> _runImportStepsFromContext
>>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1090, in _doRunImportStep
>>    - __traceback_info__: toolset
>>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 128, in importToolset
>> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
>Any ideas on how to solve this?

The general one:

  Find out which object is "None" and where is comes from.

The easiest way is debugging. There are lost of options
("pdb.pm()" in an interactive session, "Products.PDBDebugMode",
commercial IDE with debugging support, ...), part of which discussed
in a HowTo on "plone.org".

--
Dieter