import error in plone 2.1.1

llcolombo llcolombo

import error in plone 2.1.1

Hi all,
I have a 2.05 site and would like to export it and then import it in a Plone
2.1.1 installation.

I get the error:
Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: getIcon

I have other sites in the same situation and did not get this error. Is
there anything i can do about it, besides...rebuilding the site?

Lucia

Maik Ihde-4 Maik Ihde-4

Re: import error in plone 2.1.1

> I have a 2.05 site and would like to export it and then import it in a Plone
> 2.1.1 installation.
>
> I get the error:
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: getIcon

Can you please provide wich Python/Zope Versions you are using and the full
traceback?

Regards
Maik

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: import error in plone 2.1.1

it is not showing a traceback...:-(
it is only showing, after the error,
Troubleshooting Suggestions

  a.. The URL may be incorrect.
  b.. The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
  c.. A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error
log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your
patience.

The original site was plone 2.05, zope 2.7.4, python 2.3.5

Now I'm running Plone 2.1.1, zope 2.7.7, python 2.3.5. That's where the
error comes.

Lucia

"Maik Ihde" <[hidden email]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[hidden email]...

>> I have a 2.05 site and would like to export it and then import it in a
>> Plone
>> 2.1.1 installation.
>>
>> I get the error:
>> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>> Error Type: AttributeError
>> Error Value: getIcon
>
> Can you please provide wich Python/Zope Versions you are using and the
> full
> traceback?
>
> Regards
> Maik

David Siedband-4 David Siedband-4

Re: Re: import error in plone 2.1.1

Lucia,

Have a look in error_log (in the ZMI) or check your events.log

if you're on *nix you can do

tail -300 <PathToinstanceDIR>/log/events.log

On Oct 18, 2005, at 9:43 AM, Lucia Colombo wrote:

> it is not showing a traceback...:-(
>
> news:[hidden email]...
>>
>>> I have a 2.05 site and would like to export it and then import it in
>>> Plone
>>> 2.1.1 installation.
>>>
>>> I get the error:
>>> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>>> Error Type: AttributeError
>>> Error Value: getIcon
>>
>> Can you please provide wich Python/Zope Versions you are using and the
>> full
>> traceback?
>>
>> Regards
>> Maik

Brett Kennedy Brett Kennedy

XMLRPC error in 2.1.1

Hi, we just moved from 2.1 to 2.1.1 and now have an error with calling a script through xmlrpc. It sounds similar to an error Lucia Colombo just reported. I have a script called testScript, which is stored in a skin, and is accessable from anywhere in the site. I can access it through the browser as:

http://winplone:9080/openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/testScript, or from a lower folder, such as:
http://winplone:9080/openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/folder1/folder2/folder3/testScript.

So after moving to 2.1.1, accessing the script through the browser continued to work fine.

Using xmlrpc this worked as well, until we moved to 2.1.1.

Any ideas?

Here's the xmlrpc request & response:

********* REQUEST **************************

POST /openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/dms-space HTTP/1.1 User-Agent: CW CMS 1.0 Host: www.openengagement.com:9080 Content-Type: text/xml Content-length: 87 AUTHORIZATION: Basic YnJldHQ6YnJldHQ=
  <?xml version="1.0"?> <methodCall><methodName>testScript</methodName> </methodCall>

********* RESPONSE *********

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<methodResponse>
<fault>
<value><struct>
<member>
<name>faultCode</name>
</member>
<member>
<name>faultString</name>
<value><string>Unexpected Zope exception: zExceptions.NotFound -

   Site Error

    Resource not found

  Sorry, the requested resource does not exist. Check the URL and try again.   Resource:  http://www.openengagement.com:9080/openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/dms-space/testScript

   Troubleshooting Suggestions

   The URL may be incorrect.
   The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
   A resource that this resource relies on may be
      encountering an error.

   For more detailed information about the error, please
  refer to error log.

   If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
  Thank you for your patience.

 </string></value>
</member>
</struct></value>
</fault>
</methodResponse>

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: Re: import error in plone 2.1.1

oh...sorry, don't know why didn't think of it :-(
the error log from the zmi:

      Request URL http://localhost:8080/manage_importObject
      Exception Type AttributeError
      Exception Value getIcon

Traceback (innermost last):

  a.. Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
  b.. Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
  c.. Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
  d.. Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 543, in manage_importObject
  e.. Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 565, in _importObjectFromFile
  f.. Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 276, in _setObject
  g.. Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 186, in manage_afterAdd
  h.. Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 222, in __recurse
  i.. Module Products.Archetypes.BaseContent, line 42, in manage_afterAdd
  j.. Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 185, in manage_afterAdd
  k.. Module Products.Archetypes.CatalogMultiplex, line 26, in indexObject
  l.. Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 430, in catalog_object
  m.. Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 528, in catalog_object
  n.. Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 369, in catalogObject
  o.. Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 298, in updateMetadata
  p.. Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 437, in recordify
  q.. Module Products.ATContentTypes.content.favorite, line 147, in getIcon
AttributeError: getIcon

Lucia
"David Siedband" <[hidden email]>
ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[hidden email]...

> Lucia,
>
> Have a look in error_log (in the ZMI) or check your events.log
>
> if you're on *nix you can do
>
> tail -300 <PathToinstanceDIR>/log/events.log
>
> --
> David
>

> On Oct 18, 2005, at 9:43 AM, Lucia Colombo wrote:
>
>> it is not showing a traceback...:-(
>>
>> news:[hidden email]...

>>> Can you please provide wich Python/Zope Versions you are using and the
>>> full
>>> traceback?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Maik

Brett Kennedy Brett Kennedy

RE: XMLRPC error in 2.1.1

To be a little more clear about our issue, if I have a script that's accessable from anywhere on the site, then using a web browser I am, in fact, able to run it from anywhere on the site. We have one folder off of our root call dms-area, for example. From the browser I'm able to call:

http://www.openengagement.com:9080/openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/dms-space/testScript

With xmlrpc, starting with Plone 2.1.1, I'm only able to call scripts from the root of the plone site. So the above does not work with xmlrpc, but this does:

http://www.openengagement.com:9080/openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/testScript

We actually have a couple Plone instances on our Zope site, so /openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/ is the Plone root.

Is there anyone that is successfully using xmlrpc with 2.1.1 now?

Thanks,
Brett

Dieter Maurer Dieter Maurer

Re: XMLRPC error in 2.1.1

Brett Kennedy wrote at 2005-10-18 15:03 -0400:

>Using xmlrpc this worked as well, until we moved to 2.1.1.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Here's the xmlrpc request & response:
>

>********* REQUEST **************************
>
>POST /openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/dms-space HTTP/1.1 User-Agent: CW CMS 1.0 Host: www.openengagement.com:9080 Content-Type: text/xml Content-length: 87 AUTHORIZATION: Basic YnJldHQ6YnJldHQ=
>  <?xml version="1.0"?> <methodCall><methodName>testScript</methodName> </methodCall>
><name>faultString</name>
><value><string>Unexpected Zope exception: zExceptions.NotFound -

It thinks it does not find
"openengagement/cmsdemo/cmsdemo/dms-space/testScript".

Are you sure, it is not right?

--
Dieter

Dave Zoltok Dave Zoltok

Re: XMLRPC error in 2.1.1

It's definitely not right.  testScript is a python script in our skins
directory that we can call through the browser by using
http://<location>/testScript from any given location in our site.  The
problem is that through XMLRPC, the only acceptable location is the
Plone root; including subdirectories in the location gives the not
found error.

Is it possible that the changes to ExtendedPathIndex caused this in 2.1.1?

Dave