help: plone 2.1 Navtree is empty after migration

Vranesic Ogi Vranesic Ogi

help: plone 2.1 Navtree is empty after migration

Hi there,
We have migrated an existing site to Plone 2.1.

After some try and error things went smoothly, and the site is migrated now.
Unfortunately the Navtree portlest does not show any items.
Only when I am in a folder its parents are shown.

I checked the query that is generated  in Plonetool.createNavTree.
If I run it from a script it does not return any results. When I remove the
 'is_default_page': False term (as pointed out in the lines below) I do get
all the objects I need.

What should I do to fix that.
Thanks VERY MUCH for any help
Robert

{'path':
    {'navtree': 1, 'query': '/gymburg/gymburg/index_html'},
    'portal_type':
        ['BTree Folder', 'CMF Document', 'CMF Event', 'CMF Favorite',
        'CMF File', 'CMF Folder', 'CMF Image', 'CMF Large Plone Folder',
        'CMF Link', 'CMF News Item', 'CMF Topic', 'Calendar',
        'Document', 'Event', 'Favorite', 'File', 'Folder',
        'ForumAttachment', 'ForumFolder', 'ForumNB',
        'Image', 'Large Plone Folder', 'Link', 'News Item', 'Photo', 'Photo
Album', 'Topic'],
    'sort_on': 'getObjPositionInParent',
    'sort_order': 'asc',
    'is_default_page': False  <------------------ problem????
}

David Siedband-4 David Siedband-4

Re: help: plone 2.1 Navtree is empty after migration

Ognjen,

Have you visited 'site setup' -> 'navigation' You might check the
settings there.

You may also want to look into the default page naming change in 2.1:
index_html -> fromt-page

cheers

On Oct 18, 2005, at 10:12 AM, Ognjen Vranesic wrote:

> Hi there,
> We have migrated an existing site to Plone 2.1.
>
> After some try and error things went smoothly, and the site is
> migrated now.
> Unfortunately the Navtree portlest does not show any items.
> Only when I am in a folder its parents are shown.
>
> I checked the query that is generated  in Plonetool.createNavTree.
> If I run it from a script it does not return any results. When I
> remove the
>  'is_default_page': False term (as pointed out in the lines below) I
> do get
> all the objects I need.
>
> What should I do to fix that.
> Thanks VERY MUCH for any help
> Robert
>
> {'path':
>     {'navtree': 1, 'query': '/gymburg/gymburg/index_html'},
>     'portal_type':
>         ['BTree Folder', 'CMF Document', 'CMF Event', 'CMF Favorite',
>         'CMF File', 'CMF Folder', 'CMF Image', 'CMF Large Plone
> Folder',
>         'CMF Link', 'CMF News Item', 'CMF Topic', 'Calendar',
>         'Document', 'Event', 'Favorite', 'File', 'Folder',
>         'ForumAttachment', 'ForumFolder', 'ForumNB',
>         'Image', 'Large Plone Folder', 'Link', 'News Item', 'Photo',
> 'Photo
> Album', 'Topic'],
>     'sort_on': 'getObjPositionInParent',
>     'sort_order': 'asc',
>     'is_default_page': False  <------------------ problem????
> }

redcor redcor

Re: help: plone 2.1 Navtree is empty after migration

Thanks a bunch,
when I checked the settings (for about the zillionst time) I stumbled on
the reason: The migration process left the old catalog in place.
After copying the catalog and fiddling with  "what to reindex" now
everything looks nice.
That was some frustration!!
robert
 (on behalf of Ognjen)