getting tests to run

Chris Withers Chris Withers

getting tests to run

Hi All,

What's the correct way to try and run tests for all the product in the
Plone bundle? I'm quite interested in how you get you nightly testrunner
to run, how it does the build-out and compile, how it installs
PloneTestCase, etc. Is the code for that available?

I believe we're using Plone 2.1.0 and Zope 2.8.4. Should we be expecting
  test failures and test runner lockups?

cheers,

Chris

PS: Please CC me in any reply as I'm not on this list yet...

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Alexander Limi Alexander Limi

Re: getting tests to run

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:49:35 -0800, Chris Withers
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I believe we're using Plone 2.1.0 and Zope 2.8.4. Should we be expecting
>   test failures and test runner lockups?

No.

http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/ask-for-help

You have to show us what failures you are getting before we can help you.

Alexander Limi wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:49:35 -0800, Chris Withers
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I believe we're using Plone 2.1.0 and Zope 2.8.4. Should we be
>> expecting    test failures and test runner lockups?
>
> You have to show us what failures you are getting before we can help you.

I can suck eggs quite well, thankyou ;-)

I'm after the code you use to do your nightly test runs so I can take a
look...

Does _anyone_ know where that is?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Martin Aspeli-2 Martin Aspeli-2

Re: getting tests to run

Chris Withers <chris@...> writes:

> Alexander Limi wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:49:35 -0800, Chris Withers
> > <chris-xTQz58a4XyTitccySDUtsA@...> wrote:
> >
> >> I believe we're using Plone 2.1.0 and Zope 2.8.4. Should we be
> >> expecting    test failures and test runner lockups?
> >
> > You have to show us what failures you are getting before we can help you.
>
> I can suck eggs quite well, thankyou
>
> I'm after the code you use to do your nightly test runs so I can take a
> look...
>
> Does _anyone_ know where that is?

Does ./bin/zopectl test --libdir Products/CMFPlone not work for you?
PloneTestCase is in CMFPlone/tests, I believe. There's a standalone version too,
which is used for several third party products.

Martin