error installing theme

Chris Withers Chris Withers

error installing theme

Hi All,

I'm trying to install a theme on Plone 3.1.1.

The develop-egg has been successfully setup with buildout and buildout
has been run and zope restarted, however I get the following error when
trying to use the quickinstaller to install it on a plone site from
/portal_quickinstaller/installProducts:

2008-06-25 23:41:22 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://x/site/portal_quickinstaller/installProducts
Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 574,
in installProducts
   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 497,
in installProduct
    - __traceback_info__: ('x.policy',)
   Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__
    - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /site>,), {'reinstall':
False}, (False,))
   Module /zope/x/src/x.policy/knowhow/policy/Extensions/Install.py,
line 32, in install
   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 511,
in installProduct
    - __traceback_info__: ('x.theme',)
   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 390, in
runAllImportStepsFromProfile
    - __traceback_info__: profile-x.theme:default
   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1179, in
_runImportStepsFromContext
   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1093, in _doRunImportStep
    - __traceback_info__: viewlets
   Module plone.app.viewletmanager.exportimport.storage, line 24, in
importViewletSettingsStorage
   Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 541, in _importBody
AttributeError: 'ViewletSettingsStorage' object has no attribute
'getPhysicalPath'

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas what's going on?

cheers,

Chris

PS: If you could CC me in any responses, I'd really appreciate it as I
don't have the bandwidth to process the whole of plone-users :-(

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Donna Snow (SnowWrite)-2 Donna Snow (SnowWrite)-2

Re: error installing theme

Hi Chris,

I actually know what this is! :-)

Check your viewlets.xml file in your skin to make sure there are no "errors'. I kept getting that error and discovered that one of my xml tags was not closed. I fixed that and the skin installs beautifully.

Here is more info

http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7857
(thank you Veda for sending me that link in irc)

Donna M Snow, Principal
C Squared Enterprises

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Chris Withers <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hey Donna,

Donna Snow wrote:
> Check your viewlets.xml file in your skin to make sure there are no
> "errors'. I kept getting that error and discovered that one of my xml
> tags was not closed. I fixed that and the skin installs beautifully.
>
> Here is more info
>
> http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7857
> (thank you Veda for sending me that link in irc)

I applied the patch referred to in the issue and it did indeed highlight
an error in viewlets.xml :-)

thanks for your help!

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk