Quantcast

disconnect between online install instructions and comment in default buildout.cfg

David Bear David Bear

disconnect between online install instructions and comment in default buildout.cfg

In the sample offered in the default buildout.cfg provided with the unified installer, there is the line:

#    Products.PloneFormGen==1.6.0

implying that we should pin pfg to that version.

yet on the installation instruction on pypi there is no such instruction. Furthermore, since pypi has pfg 1.7rc1 I am going to assume that it is production ready and we don't need to pin anything. Thus, in my buildout I will just put the following in my eggs section:

Products.PloneFormGen

and not worry about version pins.

But I am worried about version pins. I am wondering if perhaps version pinning could/should be done through goodpy like it is done with dexterity and diazo?

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

Larry Pitcher Larry Pitcher

Re: disconnect between online install instructions and comment in default buildout.cfg

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 18:14 -0700, David Bear wrote:

> In the sample offered in the default buildout.cfg provided with the
> unified installer, there is the line:
>

> #    Products.PloneFormGen==1.6.0
>

> implying that we should pin pfg to that version.
>

> yet on the installation instruction on pypi there is no such
> instruction. Furthermore, since pypi has pfg 1.7rc1 I am going to
> assume that it is production ready and we don't need to pin anything.
> Thus, in my buildout I will just put the following in my eggs section:
>

> Products.PloneFormGen
>

> and not worry about version pins.
>

> But I am worried about version pins. I am wondering if perhaps version
> pinning could/should be done through goodpy like it is done with
> dexterity and diazo?
>

> --
> David Bear
> College of Public Programs at ASU
> 602-496-0424

Hi David,

On a production site I would still recommend pinning all of your
versions, just in case a future version of some product might introduce
some kind of incompatibility.

My 2 cents,
--
Larry Pitcher