change border around main slot when showing only one content type

Rhonda Shirah Rhonda Shirah

change border around main slot when showing only one content type

Message
I have only one content type for a user to choose on my site.  The border that shows around my folder_contents (and anywhere else I enable_border) is from the following code:

tal:define="dummy python:request.set('enable_border', 1)"

It adds a link on the right hand side of the border allowing the user to add the content type from there.  I don't want this to appear.  Where can I take this off of the border.  I definitely want the border, but not the link.

Thanks,
Rhonda
J Cameron Cooper-3 J Cameron Cooper-3

Re: change border around main slot when showing only one content type

Rhonda Shirah wrote:

> I have only one content type for a user to choose on my site.  The
> border that shows around my folder_contents (and anywhere else I
> enable_border) is from the following code:
>
> tal:define="dummy python:request.set('enable_border', 1)"
>
> It adds a link on the right hand side of the border allowing the user to
> add the content type from there.  I don't want this to appear.  Where
> can I take this off of the border.  I definitely want the border, but
> not the link.

The template is in the skins layer "plone_templates", like the other
templates that define basic site structure.

Looking at the source of a page, or with the DOM Inspector, I see that
this is the 'objectMenu' element. A quick search of "plone_templates"
(or probably the CMFPlone dir in general) shows this defined in
'global_contentmenu.pt'.

The conditions around this element don't seem to have a property to
control it, so we have to customize the template. Having done so, you
can remove the whole thing (the tal:structuralFolder element is the
container for the whole thing, it seems) or just change the condition.
This will work::

     <tal:structuralFolder condition="nothing">

That's it.

                --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"