XML-RPC changes in Plone 2.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Greg Pierce Greg Pierce
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

XML-RPC changes in Plone 2.1

I just updated my Plone Intranet (on OS X) from 2.0.5 to 2.1.1.

I have several simple XML-RPC calls that update documents in the
Intranet that ceased working once I did this upgrade.  Specifically,
they call the "edit" method on a document Url to set the body of the
content.

Have their been changes in the XML-RPC interfaces in 2.1?  My calls now
return:
-----------
    Site Error

    An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

     Resource not found

   Sorry, the requested resource does not exist. Check the URL and try
again.   Resource:
http://intranet.altfabrication.com/it/reference/ips/atct_edit

    Troubleshooting Suggestions

    The URL may be incorrect.
    The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    A resource that this resource relies on may be
       encountering an error.
    For more detailed information about the error, please
   refer to error log.
    If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
   Thank you for your patience.
----------------

I'm not seeing any more detailed info in my logs, however.

Thanks for any ideas!

greg.



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
_______________________________________________
Plone-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-users
Brett Kennedy Brett Kennedy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: XML-RPC changes in Plone 2.1


You may have seen my similar recent post. Our xmlrpc code continued to work fine after moving to 2.1, but then we got what looks to be the same error when we moved to 2.1.1. I'm posting a bug on plone.org now.
Brett


-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]]On Behalf Of Greg Pierce
Sent: October 20, 2005 10:42 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Plone-users] XML-RPC changes in Plone 2.1


I just updated my Plone Intranet (on OS X) from 2.0.5 to 2.1.1.

I have several simple XML-RPC calls that update documents in the
Intranet that ceased working once I did this upgrade.  Specifically,
they call the "edit" method on a document Url to set the body of the
content.

Have their been changes in the XML-RPC interfaces in 2.1?  My calls now
return:
-----------
    Site Error

    An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

     Resource not found

   Sorry, the requested resource does not exist. Check the URL and try
again.   Resource:
http://intranet.altfabrication.com/it/reference/ips/atct_edit

    Troubleshooting Suggestions

    The URL may be incorrect.
    The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    A resource that this resource relies on may be
       encountering an error.
    For more detailed information about the error, please
   refer to error log.
    If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
   Thank you for your patience.
----------------

I'm not seeing any more detailed info in my logs, however.

Thanks for any ideas!

greg.



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
_______________________________________________
Plone-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-users


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
_______________________________________________
Plone-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/plone-users