Workflow states in plone 2.1.1

David Diskin David Diskin

Workflow states in plone 2.1.1

1. For what workflow is "visible and editable only by owner" a state?

2. What are the differences among "Public Draft", "visible and
editable only by owner", and "Visible but Not Published"?  What
workflows are they associated with?  I did not see all 3 in the
plone_workflow or folder_workflow, which as far as I know are the
only 2 that come with Plone out of the box.

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: Workflow states in plone 2.1.1

"visible and editable only by owner" is a state for both the plone_workflow
and the folder_workflow, it matches the id "private" in the workflows
states.
Mapping is:
visible -> Public Draft, or Visible but not published
private -> visible and editable only by owner (but also non-visible and
editable only by owner refers to the same id)
published -> Published

Think there must be something like different msgstr-s being associated with
msgid-s, but the meaning is quite clear. If you make private a content, you
can see its state is set to "visible and editable only by owner", which
corresponds to private in the workflows transitions.Content initial state is
"Public draft", wich corresponds to "visible". But maybe some content has
redefined the message strings (ie visible -> "visible but non published"
instead of "Public draft") and then as far as I can see on my sites (which I
migrated from 2.05, so there might be some issue about it, but I dropped it
as it was not preventing the sites from working properly) there is something
mis-working in the workflow states display in the navigation settings: I get
those states listed as many times as the number of languages the site uses,
and with different names (not necessarly translated in the language): but it
is only a display problem, if I check the html source, the ids are correct,
and they are the ones defined in the default workflows.

Lucia

"David Diskin" <[hidden email]> ha
scritto nel messaggio
news:[hidden email]...

Raphael Ritz Raphael Ritz

Lucia Colombo wrote:
> "visible and editable only by owner" is a state for both the plone_workflow
> and the folder_workflow, it matches the id "private" in the workflows
> states.
> Mapping is:
> visible -> Public Draft, or Visible but not published
> private -> visible and editable only by owner (but also non-visible and
> editable only by owner refers to the same id)
> published -> Published

or more generally:

workflow state id -> workflow state title ;-)

Raphael