Quantcast

Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 4.0.2 fails

incunabulum incunabulum

Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 4.0.2 fails

HI there,

having some spare time at my hands I try to upgrade an existing plone
3.2.2 installation to version 4.0.2 yet I do get some errorsupon
migrating one of my plone instances. I would be very happy if someone
could give me pointers where to look or what to do.... and sorry for the
long mail. Whilea I did some plone development during the 2.x days I am
not really familiar anymore with the current technology stack. Better
detailed than to short,i thought.

Current situation:
My installation currently consists out of of a zope instance
(standanlone mode, buildout config) running two plone 3.2.2 instances.
The complete installation was installed using the unix unified
installer. The relevant customized parts of my buildout.cfg are as follows:

eggs =
    Plone
    Products.Scrawl
    Products.RedirectionTool
    Products.PloneKeywordManager
    quintagroup.plonecomments
    plonetheme.andreas02

develop =
     src/plonetheme.mzredplanet3

Upon migration I experience problems with one instance. The problematic
instance has origins in the plone 2.x world. At that time some custom
products with custom content types where used. These were later (upon
migration to 3.x) replaced with scrawls and the standard plone content
types. mzredplanet3 is a custom skin developed according to the plone
theme development guide.

Procedure for my migration:

For migration I installed the current plone 4.0.2 version via the
unified installer. In the 3.2.x version I uninstalled all custom skin
products from both plone instances and removed the corresponding entries
in portal_skins. Also, the plonetheme products were removed from
buildout.cfg. ./bin/buildout was run. Then, the 4.0.2 buildout.cfg was
extendes such that:

eggs =
    Plone
    PIL==1.1.6
    Products.Scrawl
    Products.RedirectionTool
    Products.PloneKeywordManager
    quintagroup.plonecomments

After running ./bin/buildout and copying the database to the new
instance plone (zope) starts via "plonectl fg". Via the ZMI I am able to
migrate one plone instance successfully via portal_migration. For the
other this does not work. In the log (ZMI) the following stack trace is
shown....And now I am at a loss....

--------------->
Starting the migration from version: 3.2.2
Ran upgrade step: Uninstall a broken CacheFu
Ran upgrade step: Unregister old export and import steps.
Ran upgrade step: Cleanup the persistent tool registry.
Role / permission map imported.
Toolset imported.
Step plonetheme.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.andreas02.various has an invalid import handler
Step Products.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step mzredplanet_various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.solemnity.various has an invalid import handler
Archetype tool imported.
Ran upgrade step: Update the toolset registry.
Ran upgrade step: Cleanup the skins tool.
Ran upgrade step: Cleanup Zope's products registry.
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Role / permission map imported.
Step plonetheme.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.andreas02.various has an invalid import handler
Step Products.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step mzredplanet_various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.solemnity.various has an invalid import handler
Actions tool imported.
Archetype tool imported.
Properties tool imported.
Ran upgrade step: Add link and lock settings for Plone 3.3
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Role / permission map imported.
Step plonetheme.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.andreas02.various has an invalid import handler
Step Products.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step mzredplanet_various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.solemnity.various has an invalid import handler
Actions tool imported.
Archetype tool imported.
Ran upgrade step: Modify actions to work with the new INavigationRoot
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Remember active theme.
Role / permission map imported.
Skins tool imported.
[...]
Javascript registry imported.
Imported.
Stylesheet registry imported.
Role / permission map imported.
Toolset imported.
Adapters registered.
Utilities registered.
Skins tool imported.
Step plonetheme.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.andreas02.various has an invalid import handler
Step Products.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step mzredplanet_various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.solemnity.various has an invalid import handler
Control panel imported.
Archetype tool imported.
TinyMCE Settings imported.
Javascript registry imported.
KSS registry imported.
Stylesheet registry imported.
Action icons tool settings imported.
[...]
'Discussion Item' type info imported.
'TempFolder' type info imported.
'Plone Site' type info imported.
'ATPathCriterion' type info imported.
'ATBooleanCriterion' type info imported.
'Image' type info imported.
'Topic' type info imported.
'ATSelectionCriterion' type info imported.
'Document' type info imported.
'ATSimpleStringCriterion' type info imported.
'ATCurrentAuthorCriterion' type info imported.
'ATDateCriteria' type info imported.
'Event' type info imported.
'ATReferenceCriterion' type info imported.
'ATSimpleIntCriterion' type info imported.
'ATListCriterion' type info imported.
'Folder' type info imported.
'Link' type info imported.
'News Item' type info imported.
'File' type info imported.
'ATDateRangeCriterion' type info imported.
'ATSortCriterion' type info imported.
'ATRelativePathCriterion' type info imported.
'ATPortalTypeCriterion' type info imported.
ATCTTool settings imported.
Control panel imported.
Javascript registry imported.
Ran upgrade step: General upgrade steps.
Skins tool imported.
Imported.
Ran upgrade step: Restore theme after Sunburst has been installed.
Ran upgrade step: Upgrade action icons away from the action icons tool.
Installed local RAM cache utility.
Ran upgrade step: Update the local RAMCache utility import location.
Updated workflow actor variable expression.
Ran upgrade step: Update the actor variable expression in several workflows.
Updated expression for authenticated-only resources.
Ran upgrade step: Update expression for authenticated-only resources.
Ran upgrade step: Configure new reference browser.
Updated Plone site FTI.
Updated TempFolder FTI.
Ran upgrade step: Remove outdated actions and properties from the Portal
FTI.
Added new CMFEditions modifiers.
Ran upgrade step: Add new CMFEditions default modifiers.
Ran upgrade step: Upgrade MailHost.
migrating btree-based folders from <PloneSite at /xxx>:
intermediate commit (93 objects processed, last batch in 7.689s)...
processed 93 object(s) in 7.785s (3.350s cpu time).
Ran upgrade step: Upgrade standard folders to new unified folder type.
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Empty upgrade step
Ran upgrade step: Disable plone.app.jquerytools' overlay CSS
Ran upgrade step: Rename join_form_fields.
Role / permission map imported.
Step plonetheme.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.andreas02.various has an invalid import handler
Step Products.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step mzredplanet_various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.solemnity.various has an invalid import handler
Actions tool imported.
Archetype tool imported.
Ran upgrade step: Update Join action URL
Dublin Core metadata definition updated.
Ran upgrade step: Upgrade DCMI metadata storage in portal_metadata
Ran upgrade step: Add the recursive groups PAS plugin.
Updated `portal_type` for former "Large Folder" content
Ran upgrade step: Update portal type of former 'Large Folder' content
Ran upgrade step: Cleanup Zope's products registry.
Optimized internal date range index structures.
Ran upgrade step: Optimize date range indexes.
Ran upgrade step: Cleanup Classic Theme CSS registry metadata.
Role / permission map imported.
Skins tool imported.
Step plonetheme.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.andreas02.various has an invalid import handler
Step Products.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step mzredplanet_various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.solemnity.various has an invalid import handler
Control panel imported.
Archetype tool imported.
Javascript registry imported.
Imported.
Types tool imported.
'Plone Site' type info imported.
'Topic' type info imported.
'Folder' type info imported.
Catalog imported.
Ran upgrade step: General upgrade steps.
Role / permission map imported.
Step plonetheme.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.andreas02.various has an invalid import handler
Step Products.mzredplanet3.various has an invalid import handler
Step mzredplanet_various has an invalid import handler
Step plonetheme.solemnity.various has an invalid import handler
Archetype tool imported.
Imported.
Ran upgrade step: General upgrade steps
Ran upgrade step: Ensure recursive groups plugin is properly placed.
[...]
Ran upgrade step: Update the safe_html transform with the new config
params, migrating existing config from Kupu.
Updating `getIcon` metadata.
Upgrade aborted. Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/Plone-4.0.2-py2.6.egg/Products/CMFPlone/MigrationTool.py",
line 175, in upgrade
    step['step'].doStep(setup)
  File
"/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.GenericSetup-1.6.1-py2.6.egg/Products/GenericSetup/upgrade.py",
line 141, in doStep
    self.handler(tool)
  File
"/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.upgrade-1.0.2-py2.6.egg/plone/app/upgrade/v40/betas.py",
line 115, in updateIconMetadata
    obj = brain.getObject()
  File
"/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/Zope2-2.12.13-py2.6-linux-i686.egg/Products/ZCatalog/CatalogBrains.py",
line 92, in getObject
    target = parent.restrictedTraverse(path[-1])
  File
"/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/Zope2-2.12.13-py2.6-linux-i686.egg/OFS/Traversable.py",
line 310, in restrictedTraverse
    return self.unrestrictedTraverse(path, default, restricted=True)
  File
"/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/Zope2-2.12.13-py2.6-linux-i686.egg/OFS/Traversable.py",
line 293, in unrestrictedTraverse
    raise e
NotFound: gp
End of upgrade path, migration has finished
The upgrade path did NOT reach current version
Migration has failed

below:
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Upgrade-from-3-2-2-to-4-0-2-fails-tp5993439p5993439.html
To start a new topic under Installation, Setup, Upgrades, email
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Installation, Setup, Upgrades, click here.
incunabulum incunabulum

Re: Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 4.0.2 fails > Solved

Hi there,

after some more digging I was finally able to hunt this down.  The
Stacktrace below hinted that the upgrade procedure is not able to
relocate an item called "gp". What I did was as follows:

- Deleting this object did not help.
- As the traceback hints at the catalog, rebuilding the index
  and running migration again lead to errors like "Broken
  TextIndex". Many of them!
- Looking at portal_catalog I could see that two indexes
  (Title, Description) were of type "TextIndex". A type
  which is no longer supported, see bug #11418
- So, recreate these indexes as ZCTextIndex and rebuild  the catalog
- Finally, the migration works....

Nice.... now this major hurdle is taken...

On towards the smaller ones like finding out why the review portlet
shows every published item as "to be reviewed" and some such..

btw - this nabble-mailman-thing is a royal PITA. How do I really
subscribe to this thing? And how do I make sure I do get each post once
- and not never or twice....

Michael

Maurits van Rees-3 Maurits van Rees-3

Op 06-02-11 16:44, Michael Zimmermann schreef:

> Hi there,
>
> after some more digging I was finally able to hunt this down.  The
> Stacktrace below hinted that the upgrade procedure is not able to
> relocate an item called "gp". What I did was as follows:
>
> - Deleting this object did not help.
> - As the traceback hints at the catalog, rebuilding the index
>    and running migration again lead to errors like "Broken
>    TextIndex". Many of them!
> - Looking at portal_catalog I could see that two indexes
>    (Title, Description) were of type "TextIndex". A type
>    which is no longer supported, see bug #11418
> - So, recreate these indexes as ZCTextIndex and rebuild  the catalog
> - Finally, the migration works....
>
> Nice.... now this major hurdle is taken...

Good to hear!

> On towards the smaller ones like finding out why the review portlet
> shows every published item as "to be reviewed" and some such..
>
> btw - this nabble-mailman-thing is a royal PITA. How do I really
> subscribe to this thing? And how do I make sure I do get each post once
> - and not never or twice....

Near the top of http://plone.org/support/forums/setup there is a link to
this page with more info about how to really subscribe:

This link should work as well, but it looks like some redirection is not
setup correctly, so it does not work at the moment:

I myself use the Thunderbird email client and use that to subscribe to
the gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.setup mailinglist-to-newsgroup gateway.

>> Traceback (most recent call last):

>> "/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/Zope2-2.12.13-py2.6-linux-i686.egg/Products/ZCatalog/CatalogBrains.py",
>> line 92, in getObject
>>      target = parent.restrictedTraverse(path[-1])
>>    File
>> "/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/Zope2-2.12.13-py2.6-linux-i686.egg/OFS/Traversable.py",
>> line 310, in restrictedTraverse
>>      return self.unrestrictedTraverse(path, default, restricted=True)
>>    File
>> "/opt/plone4/buildout-cache/eggs/Zope2-2.12.13-py2.6-linux-i686.egg/OFS/Traversable.py",
>> line 293, in unrestrictedTraverse
>>      raise e
>> NotFound: gp
>> End of upgrade path, migration has finished

Solved already, but for the record: this points to an inconsistency in
the portal_catalog: an item is in the portal_catalog but it does not
exist in the real live site.  A Clear And Rebuild of the catalog on the
Advanced tab while still in Plone 3 should have fixed this as well (but
it can take a while if you have a large site).

--
Maurits van Rees
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl

incunabulum incunabulum

On 07/02/11 18:22, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Near the top of http://plone.org/support/forums/setup there is a link to
> this page with more info about how to really subscribe:

Well, I read this doc more than once but I am still perplexed by two
different representations of the same mailing lists.

Presenting options for both representations, yet calling them both
"mailing list" makes it a bit difficult to understand what you are
actually subscribing to. And once  you have subscribed yet disabled
mails from the real mailman-operated list, well, there is no sensible
option to turn these mails back on without being able to see the mailman
page.

> I myself use the Thunderbird email client and use that to subscribe to
> the gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.setup mailinglist-to-newsgroup gateway.

Excellent... this is the kind of informantion I was looking for and
which presents an interface worth working with. Thanks.

BtW -the information about the different mailing lists, see bug #11418
is still inacessible. The bug therefore should be reopend.
Unfortunately, I am not able to do this via trac even while being logged
in. Error:
Missing or invalid form token. Do you have cookies enabled?

cu, Michael