Uneditable user (simulating .htaccess password protection)?

Ian Brockbank-2 Ian Brockbank-2

Uneditable user (simulating .htaccess password protection)?

Hi All,

I'm porting an existing web site to Plone 2.1.  This site has a
password-protected section, which I have copied by having a standard member
with that password, who has visibility rights on that area (where Anonymous
doesn't).  This works fine, but obviously, I don't want anyone logged in as
that member to be able to make any modifications to the member password or
preferences.

How can I achieve this?  Am I going about this the right way?  Or is there a
simpler approach which would give me the same result?

Thanks,

Ian Brockbank
Applications Software Team Leader
e: [hidden email] / [hidden email]