Ubuntu package for Plone 3.3/4.0 was Re: Plone 4.0.1 on Debian 5.0

Alan Runyan-3 Alan Runyan-3

Ubuntu package for Plone 3.3/4.0 was Re: Plone 4.0.1 on Debian 5.0

> I've run (as root)
>   ./install.sh standalone
> with
> wget
> http://launchpad.net/plone/4.0/4.0.1/+download/Plone-4.0.1-UnifiedInstaller.tgz

Well, here are the steps to get a running plone 40 package from Ubuntu:

Adding Enfold Systems GPG public key to apt-get configuration
All repositories signed with Enfold Systems GPG key. Public GPG key
available from this url:

    http://www.enfoldsystems.com/pubkey.gpg

To install public key to apt-get execute following commands:

    >> wget http://www.enfoldsystems.com/pubkey.gpg
    >> apt-key add ./pubkey.gpg

Adding repository information
to enable Enfold Systems plone’s repositories, customer has to modify
sources.list apt-get configuration file:

    /etc/apt-get/sources.list

Add following line to sources.list for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid:

    deb http://dist.clients.enfoldsystems.com/ubuntu lucid universe

Add following line to sources.list for Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy:

    deb http://dist.clients.enfoldsystems.com/ubuntu hardy universe

Update apt-get database:

    >> apt-get update

Following packages available from public Enfold Systems repositories:
plone40-base, plone33-base, plone40-demo and plone33-demo.

    * plone40-base and plone33-demo are core packages for Plone4 and Plone3
    * plone40-demo is Plone 4.0 demo site
    * plone33-demo is Plone 3.3.5 demo site

Following command will install Plone 4.0 demo site:

    >> apt-get install plone40-demo

Following command will install Plone 3.3.5 demo site:

    >> apt-get install plone33-demo

Plone site available on 8080 port:

    >> w3m http://localhost:8080/Plone

-- snip --
We would like people's comments.  If this is helpful we will
continue generating .deb, .rpm. exe.  More information to
hopefully get out in the public before end of plonecon 2010

-alan

aclark aclark

Re: Ubuntu package for Plone 3.3/4.0 was Re: Plone 4.0.1 on Debian 5.0

On 10/26/10 8:20 PM, Alan Runyan wrote:

>> I've run (as root)
>>    ./install.sh standalone
>> with
>> wget
>> http://launchpad.net/plone/4.0/4.0.1/+download/Plone-4.0.1-UnifiedInstaller.tgz
>

> Well, here are the steps to get a running plone 40 package from Ubuntu:
>
> Adding Enfold Systems GPG public key to apt-get configuration
> All repositories signed with Enfold Systems GPG key. Public GPG key
> available from this url:
>
>      http://www.enfoldsystems.com/pubkey.gpg
>
> To install public key to apt-get execute following commands:
>
>      >>  wget http://www.enfoldsystems.com/pubkey.gpg
>      >>  apt-key add ./pubkey.gpg
>
> Adding repository information
> to enable Enfold Systems plone’s repositories, customer has to modify
> sources.list apt-get configuration file:
>
>      /etc/apt-get/sources.list
>
> Add following line to sources.list for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid:
>
>      deb http://dist.clients.enfoldsystems.com/ubuntu lucid universe
>
> Add following line to sources.list for Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy:
>
>      deb http://dist.clients.enfoldsystems.com/ubuntu hardy universe
>
> Update apt-get database:
>
>      >>  apt-get update
>
> Following packages available from public Enfold Systems repositories:
> plone40-base, plone33-base, plone40-demo and plone33-demo.
>
>      * plone40-base and plone33-demo are core packages for Plone4 and Plone3
>      * plone40-demo is Plone 4.0 demo site
>      * plone33-demo is Plone 3.3.5 demo site
>
> Following command will install Plone 4.0 demo site:
>
>      >>  apt-get install plone40-demo
>
> Following command will install Plone 3.3.5 demo site:
>
>      >>  apt-get install plone33-demo
>
> Plone site available on 8080 port:
>
>      >>  w3m http://localhost:8080/Plone
>
> -- snip --
> We would like people's comments.  If this is helpful we will
> continue generating .deb, .rpm. exe.  More information to
> hopefully get out in the public before end of plonecon 2010

Nice work! Will definitely give this a try.

--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net
Author — Plone 3.3 Site Administration · http://aclark.net/admin

yuri-2 yuri-2

Re: Ubuntu package for Plone 3.3/4.0 was Re: Plone 4.0.1 on Debian 5.0

> -- snip --
> We would like people's comments.  If this is helpful we will
> continue generating .deb, .rpm. exe.  More information to
> hopefully get out in the public before end of plonecon 2010

  cool! Sure it is useful. For Debian is it the same?