Troubles installing singing and dancing

llcolombo llcolombo

Troubles installing singing and dancing

Hi all
I am trying to install Singing&Dancing with Plone 3.1.4, windows platform,
buildout.

I had problems running bin/buildout after adding the collective.dancing
stuff to buildout.cfg, because I was getting some errors:
"Download error: unknown url type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!"

To avoid that, i downloaded from svn the following packages:
z3c.form
plone.z3cform
collective.singing

and placed them in the src directory.
Now the buildout does not complain any longer about download errors.
The version for collective.dancing is 0.6.1.

However, I still cannot get collective.dancing properly installed: the
generated slug returns an error, following the traceback:
2008-08-23T23:53:58 ERROR Application Couldn't install Five
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Application.py", line 786, in
install_product
    initmethod(context)
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\Products\Five\__init__.py", line 28, in
initialize
    zcml.load_site()
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\Products\Five\zcml.py", line 53, in
load_site
    _context = xmlconfig.file(file)
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\xmlconfig.py", line
579, in file
    include(context, name, package)
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\xmlconfig.py", line
515, in include
    processxmlfile(f, context)
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\xmlconfig.py", line
370, in processxmlfile
    parser.parse(src)
  File "C:\Plone3\Python\Lib\site-packages\_xmlplus\sax\expatreader.py",
line 109, in parse
    xmlreader.IncrementalParser.parse(self, source)
  File "C:\Plone3\Python\Lib\site-packages\_xmlplus\sax\xmlreader.py", line
123, in parse
    self.feed(buffer)
  File "C:\Plone3\Python\Lib\site-packages\_xmlplus\sax\expatreader.py",
line 216, in feed
    self._parser.Parse(data, isFinal)
  File "C:\Plone3\Python\Lib\site-packages\_xmlplus\sax\expatreader.py",
line 364, in end_element_ns
    self._cont_handler.endElementNS(pair, None)
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\xmlconfig.py", line
349, in endElementNS
    self.context.end()
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\config.py", line 544,
in end
    self.stack.pop().finish()
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\config.py", line 692,
in finish
    actions = self.handler(context, **args)
[...]
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\config.py", line 691,
in finish
    args = toargs(context, *self.argdata)
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\config.py", line 1383,
in toargs
    args[str(name)] = field.fromUnicode(s)
  File "C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python\zope\configuration\fields.py", line 141,
in fromUnicode
    raise schema.ValidationError(v)
ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "C:\llplone\parts\instance\etc\site.zcml",
line 14.2-14.55
    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"C:\llplone\parts\instance\etc\package-includes\001-collective.dancing-configure.zcml",
line 1.0-1.62
    ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'package', "ImportError:
Couldn't import collective, No module named collective")

What am I missing?

I am attaching the buildout verbose output (if it is any use), and following
is my buildout.cfg:

[buildout]
parts =
    plone
    fakezope2eggs
    productdistros
    instance
    zopepy

# Add additional egg download sources here. dist.plone.org contains archives
# of Plone packages.
find-links =
    http://dist.plone.org
    http://download.zope.org/ppix/
    http://download.zope.org/distribution/
    http://effbot.org/downloads

# Add additional eggs here
# elementtree is required by Plone
eggs =
    elementtree

# Reference any eggs you are developing here, one per line
# e.g.: develop = src/my.package
develop =
     src/z3c.form
     src/plone.z3cform
     src/collective.singing

[plone]
recipe = plone.recipe.plone>=3.1.1,<3.2dev
# By overriding the download URLs and making them an empty list, we
# Make sure our own products directory takes precedence
urls =

# Use this section to download additional old-style products.
# List any number of URLs for product tarballs under URLs (separate
# with whitespace, or break over several lines, with subsequent lines
# indented). If any archives contain several products inside a top-level
# directory, list the archive file name (i.e. the last part of the URL,
# normally with a .tar.gz suffix or similar) under 'nested-packages'.
# If any archives extract to a product directory with a version suffix, list
# the archive name under 'version-suffix-packages'.
[productdistros]
recipe = plone.recipe.distros
urls =
nested-packages =
version-suffix-packages =

[instance]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
zope2-location = C:\Plone3\Zope
user = admin:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http-address = 8090
deprecation-warnings = off
#debug-mode = on
#verbose-security = on

# If you want Zope to know about any additional eggs, list them here.
# This should include any development eggs you listed in develop-eggs above,
# e.g. eggs = ${buildout:eggs} ${plone:eggs} my.package
eggs =
    ${buildout:eggs}
    ${plone:eggs}
    z3c.form
    plone.z3cform
    collective.singing
    bda.awstatsparser
    collective.dancing

# If you want to register ZCML slugs for any packages, list them here.
# e.g. zcml = my.package my.other.package
zcml =
    collective.dancing

products =
    ${buildout:directory}/products
    ${productdistros:location}
    C:\Plone3\Data\Products
    ${plone:products}

[zopepy]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs = ${instance:eggs}
interpreter = zopepy
extra-paths = C:\Plone3\Zope\lib\python
scripts = zopepy

[fakezope2eggs]
recipe = z3c.recipe.fakezope2eggs
zope2-location = C:\Plone3\Zope
additional-fake-eggs = ZODB3
skip-fake-eggs =
    zope.testing
    zope.component
    zope.i18n

thanks&bye
Lucia

verbose_output.txt (43K) Download Attachment
Israel Saeta Pérez Israel Saeta Pérez

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Lucia Colombo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
> I am trying to install Singing&Dancing with Plone 3.1.4, windows platform,
> buildout.
>
> I had problems running bin/buildout after adding the collective.dancing
> stuff to buildout.cfg, because I was getting some errors:
> "Download error: unknown url type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!"

Do you have Subversion installed and properly configured in your system?

--
Israel Saeta Pérez
http://dukebody.com

Israel Saeta Pérez
Jonathan Mark Jonathan Mark

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

Singing and Dancing has its own Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/singing-dancing?hl=en

The developer of S+D, Michael Nouri, responds to each and every
request for help, usually within a day. He has helped me on many
occasions.

Jonathan Mark Jonathan Mark

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

The developer of Singing and Dancing is named Daniel Nouri.

Michael Nouri was a soap opera actor in the 80s who also starred as
the romantic lead in Flashdance starring Jennifer Beals.

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

Yes, I do, and that's how I manually cheked out the sources...

Lucia

"Israel Saeta Pérez" <[hidden email]> ha
scritto nel messaggio
news:[hidden email]...
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
> I am trying to install Singing&Dancing with Plone 3.1.4, windows platform,
> buildout.
>
> I had problems running bin/buildout after adding the collective.dancing
> stuff to buildout.cfg, because I was getting some errors:
> "Download error: unknown url type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!"

Do you have Subversion installed and properly configured in your system?

--
Israel Saeta Pérez
http://dukebody.com

prizes

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

I already posted over there.

I posted here too, as I am not sure if my issue is related to
Singing&Dancing itself or to buildout...

Lucia

"Jonathan Mark" <[hidden email]> ha
scritto nel messaggio
news:[hidden email]...

Malthe Borch-2 Malthe Borch-2

Lucia Colombo wrote:
> I had problems running bin/buildout after adding the collective.dancing
> stuff to buildout.cfg, because I was getting some errors:
> "Download error: unknown url type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!"

This is common and means practically nothing.

> To avoid that, i downloaded from svn the following packages:
> z3c.form
> plone.z3cform
> collective.singing
> and placed them in the src directory.

You should't have to do this; simply depend on them like so:

[instance]
eggs =
    z3c.form

Buildout should pull them in automatically from the Cheeseshop (PyPi).

\malthe

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

:-)
In my understanding, I should not even refer those packages, as
collective.dancing should pull them from the cheesshop.
But as I did not get the whole stuff working, I was trying whatever :-(

However, actually all eggs where getting downloadedm they all list in the
buildout eggs directory.
What I cannot understand though, is if they are actually installed. How can
I see what get's installed?

I have build a buildout based on an already running zope instance (Windows
installer). My feeling is, egss installed in the existing installation are
corretly working, but not the ones supposed to be installed by buildout.
How can I check that?

thanks&bye
Lucia

"Malthe Borch" <[hidden email]> ha scritto

Lucia Colombo wrote:
> However, actually all eggs where getting downloadedm they all list in the
> buildout eggs directory.
> What I cannot understand though, is if they are actually installed. How can
> I see what get's installed?

Check the bin/runzope script (it may have a different name depending on
your setup).

\malthe

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

runzope declares a pythonpath containing all the required eggs, but how do I
see what get's actually installed?
I just tried to install another egg (collective.capcha) in my buildout with
the same (mis)result, so I guess the problem is actually the buildout....

Wichert Akkerman Wichert Akkerman

Previously Jonathan Mark wrote:
> Singing and Dancing has its own Google Group:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/singing-dancing?hl=en
>
> The developer of S+D, Michael Nouri, responds to each and every
> request for help, usually within a day. He has helped me on many
> occasions.

That would be Daniel Nouri :)

W.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[hidden email]>    It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                   It is hard to make things simple.

Derek Broughton-3 Derek Broughton-3

Lucia Colombo wrote:

> :-)
> In my understanding, I should not even refer those packages, as
> collective.dancing should pull them from the cheesshop.
> But as I did not get the whole stuff working, I was trying whatever :-(

I think you've been led astray by the message.  Most of those download
errors can be ignored - I often get them but everything _is_ installed.

> However, actually all eggs where getting downloadedm they all list in the
> buildout eggs directory.
> What I cannot understand though, is if they are actually installed. How
> can I see what get's installed?
>
> I have build a buildout based on an already running zope instance (Windows
> installer). My feeling is, egss installed in the existing installation are
> corretly working, but not the ones supposed to be installed by buildout.
> How can I check that?

Ah...  Define "running zope instance"?  Is this a Windows _service_ (ie,
started with bin\instance start, or from the service manager) or a
foreground session (started with either of the "fg" or "console" options).

I found that the only way I could get the service to recognize installed
products added via "eggs=..." was to directly "easy_install" them (which
puts them in the python "site-packages" directory.  This is definitely not
what you are _supposed_ to do, but the only way I could get it to work.  I
hate Windows...
--
derek

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

I finally succeeded.
I could not use easy_install, because I had to use the fake-zope-eggs option
only available with buildout.
I have to say that has really been the strongest reason for all this
non-fun.

Anyway, the buildout instance does recognize installed eggs if I run
bin\instance fg, and not the other way around ( I followed the plone.org
instructions for setting up the windows service, I think I did bin\instance
install and then had it in the servies console, but must be like
bin\instance start.
Starting zope as a service only recognizes eggs installed with easy_install.

After recognizing the eggs, I had one more issue with zope.app.catalog and
Five trying to register zope.app.locales in zope.app.catalog or something
like that, had the workaround from Daniel Nouri at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/228254

Finally I run singing and dancing....

ciao
Lucia
"Derek Broughton" <[hidden email]> ha scritto

Lucia Colombo wrote:

> I finally succeeded.
> I could not use easy_install, because I had to use the fake-zope-eggs
> option only available with buildout.
> I have to say that has really been the strongest reason for all this
> non-fun.
>
> Anyway, the buildout instance does recognize installed eggs if I run
> bin\instance fg, and not the other way around ( I followed the plone.org
> instructions for setting up the windows service, I think I did
> bin\instance install and then had it in the servies console, but must be
> like bin\instance start.
> Starting zope as a service only recognizes eggs installed with
> easy_install.

That's what I said - so how have you solved the problem?  You can't run a
production server using "fg" (which incidentally turns on debug-mode -
use "console" if you don't want debug)

> After recognizing the eggs, I had one more issue with zope.app.catalog and
> Five trying to register zope.app.locales in zope.app.catalog or something
> like that, had the workaround from Daniel Nouri at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/228254
>
> Finally I run singing and dancing....
>
> ciao
> Lucia
> "Derek Broughton" <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto nel messaggio

news:[hidden email]...

--
derek

llcolombo llcolombo

Re: Troubles installing singing and dancing

>> Anyway, the buildout instance does recognize installed eggs if I run
>> bin\instance fg, and not the other way around ( I followed the plone.org
>> instructions for setting up the windows service, I think I did
>> bin\instance install and then had it in the servies console, but must be
>> like bin\instance start.
>> Starting zope as a service only recognizes eggs installed with
>> easy_install.
>
> That's what I said - so how have you solved the problem?  You can't run a
> production server using "fg" (which incidentally turns on debug-mode -
> use "console" if you don't want debug)

Yes, I know. I did not solve THAT problem, I just managed to installe
singing&dancing which was my aim at the moment, but am trying to understand
if the "zope-service" is supposed not to recognize eggs not installed with
easy_install or if it is a kind of bug. Or is there a way to work around
that? else, I can't understand why the fake-eggs trick is existing at all...

Lucia