Quantcast

Translation of "view" menu element, defined using browser:menuItem

Lucafbb Lucafbb

Translation of "view" menu element, defined using browser:menuItem

Hi all

I defined I new entry in the "view" menu for a custom content type.
This new entry is related to a zope3 view so is regitered using

 <browser:menuItem
    for="*"
    menu="plone_displayviews"
    title="mytitle"
    action="@@myview"
    description="My descr"
    />

The problem is that I need to translate this and I'm not able to do
this. I'm not able to understand if I need to use "plone" domain or
the native product domain.
Or maybe I need to keep translation for this in i18n instead of locales?

Can someone point me to a working example?

--
-- luca

Vincent Fretin Vincent Fretin

Re: Translation of "view" menu element, defined using browser:menuItem

Hi,

ZCML is already i18n aware, the i18n domain is specified by the
i18n_domain attribute at the root of your zcml.
The title and description can normally be extracted to create a po file.
Unfortunately i18ndude doesn't support it at the moment. So you will
have to create a po file manually in your locales directory
or normally you can try the
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.recipe.i18n recipe, you specify a zcml
file to load to extract the messages.
I know it's possible but I can't give you any example, you will have
to do some search yourself here.
But z3c.recipe.i18n doesn't support GenericSetup messages extraction... :)

Vincent Fretin
Ecreall
Site : http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I defined I new entry in the "view" menu for a custom content type.
> This new entry is related to a zope3 view so is regitered using
>
>  <browser:menuItem
>    for="*"
>    menu="plone_displayviews"
>    title="mytitle"
>    action="@@myview"
>    description="My descr"
>    />
>
> The problem is that I need to translate this and I'm not able to do
> this. I'm not able to understand if I need to use "plone" domain or
> the native product domain.
> Or maybe I need to keep translation for this in i18n instead of locales?
>
> Can someone point me to a working example?
>
> --
> -- luca

Lucafbb Lucafbb

Re: Translation of "view" menu element, defined using browser:menuItem

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Vincent Fretin

> ZCML is already i18n aware, the i18n domain is specified by the
> i18n_domain attribute at the root of your zcml.
> The title and description can normally be extracted to create a po file.
> Unfortunately i18ndude doesn't support it at the moment. So you will
> have to create a po file manually in your locales directory
> or normally you can try the
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.recipe.i18n recipe, you specify a zcml
> file to load to extract the messages.
> I know it's possible but I can't give you any example, you will have
> to do some search yourself here.
> But z3c.recipe.i18n doesn't support GenericSetup messages extraction... :)
>
> Vincent Fretin

Thanks for the quick reply, I will check this!

--
-- luca

Lucafbb Lucafbb

Re: Translation of "view" menu element, defined using browser:menuItem

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Vincent Fretin

> ZCML is already i18n aware, the i18n domain is specified by the
> i18n_domain attribute at the root of your zcml.
> The title and description can normally be extracted to create a po file.
> Unfortunately i18ndude doesn't support it at the moment. So you will
> have to create a po file manually in your locales directory
> or normally you can try the
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.recipe.i18n recipe, you specify a zcml
> file to load to extract the messages.
> I know it's possible but I can't give you any example, you will have
> to do some search yourself here.
> But z3c.recipe.i18n doesn't support GenericSetup messages extraction... :)

Going back to this old post: I've still have problems in this
direction. Even if I provide the translation manually in .po files,
the translations of view menu elements added using browser:menuItem
seems working only if I use "plone" domain in ZCML and .po

I'm wrong?!

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Vincent Fretin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> ZCML is already i18n aware, the i18n domain is specified by the
>> i18n_domain attribute at the root of your zcml.
>> The title and description can normally be extracted to create a po file.
>> Unfortunately i18ndude doesn't support it at the moment. So you will
>> have to create a po file manually in your locales directory
>> or normally you can try the
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.recipe.i18n recipe, you specify a zcml
>> file to load to extract the messages.
>> I know it's possible but I can't give you any example, you will have
>> to do some search yourself here.
>> But z3c.recipe.i18n doesn't support GenericSetup messages extraction... :)
>>

> Going back to this old post: I've still have problems in this
> direction. Even if I provide the translation manually in .po files,
> the translations of view menu elements added using browser:menuItem
> seems working only if I use "plone" domain in ZCML and .po
>
> I'm wrong?!

Oh, that's possibly true. Fill free to dig into the code to see how it
translate the action and let we know if it's possible to fix the code
to support an other i18n domain.

Vincent