TextIndexNG2 and PloneLocalFolderNG

Rama Kanneganti Rama Kanneganti

TextIndexNG2 and PloneLocalFolderNG

I love PloneLocalFolderNG. It does all I want it to do. I got it working
in Plone 2.0 so that searches also work. Now, in a brand new install of
plone 2.1.1, python 2.3.5, zope 2.8.1. it refuses to work. Here is what
I did:

1. I installed PloneLocalFolderNG 0.7.1, all the converters, and
TextIndexNG2 2.2.0
2. I installed using site setup.
3. I went into the portal catalog -> Indexes. I removed SearchableText
index and added the same as TextIndexNG2 with suitable options.
4. I added a localfolder and uploaded a word doc.
5. I catalogued the files and verfied that the search is working by
going to portal_catalog/Indexes/SearchableText/manage_test and using
pyQueryParser. I also notice the words in the document indexed -- and it
did it correctly.

However, if I search using the search box from my plone site, the search
does not bring up any files from ploneLocalFolderNG. I added a
ploneExFile in a folder and it searches that file accurately.

Can you tell me if there is a way to correct this problem?

Thanks,
Rama

Rama Kanneganti Rama Kanneganti

Re: TextIndexNG2 and PloneLocalFolderNG

Rama Kanneganti wrote:

> I love PloneLocalFolderNG. It does all I want it to do. I got it working
> in Plone 2.0 so that searches also work. Now, in a brand new install of
> plone 2.1.1, python 2.3.5, zope 2.8.1. it refuses to work. Here is what
> I did:
>
> 1. I installed PloneLocalFolderNG 0.7.1, all the converters, and
> TextIndexNG2 2.2.0
> 2. I installed using site setup.
> 3. I went into the portal catalog -> Indexes. I removed SearchableText
> index and added the same as TextIndexNG2 with suitable options.
> 4. I added a localfolder and uploaded a word doc.
> 5. I catalogued the files and verfied that the search is working by
> going to portal_catalog/Indexes/SearchableText/manage_test and using
> pyQueryParser. I also notice the words in the document indexed -- and it
> did it correctly.
>
> However, if I search using the search box from my plone site, the search
> does not bring up any files from ploneLocalFolderNG. I added a
> ploneExFile in a folder and it searches that file accurately.
>
> Can you tell me if there is a way to correct this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Rama

I also tried TextIndexNG3 and used the automated setup. All I had to do
was do site setup and configure TextIndexNG3 to be used. However, the
problem still persistes with PloneLocalFolderNG.

Any pointers are appreciated.

--
Rama