Simplist way for a custom homepage in plone 4.

rawsystems rawsystems

Simplist way for a custom homepage in plone 4.

I’ve forked Products.Maps and things are “working”.  All I want is a .pt (or python) script to act as the homepage in my product .   This is taking me way too long, so I’m reaching out.   I didn’t want to do diazo theming but if that’s the chosen new way, then please let me know.   I’ve done theming in plone 3, but it appears that the glue just doesn’t stick for plone 4.

Thank you in advance.

espen espen

Re: Simplist way for a custom homepage in plone 4.

Hi

I’ve forked Products.Maps and things are “working”.  All I want is a .pt (or python) script to act as the homepage in my product .   This is taking me way

I can’t really understand what you want to do ( what does Maps and  a python script have to do with the homepage

I think you are messing things up here.
Maybe better if you explain what you want to do.
(what your homepage shell do and look like)

Espen

too long, so I’m reaching out.   I didn’t want to do diazo theming but if that’s the chosen new way, then please let me know.   I’ve done theming in plone 3, but it appears that the glue just doesn’t stick for plone 4.

Thank you in advance.

http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Simplist-way-for-a-custom-homepage-in-plone-4-tp7573313.html
To start a new topic under Archetypes, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Plone, click here.
NAML

c.ledermann c.ledermann

Re: Simplist way for a custom homepage in plone 4.

We need a little more information, I just do not know what you are trying to do.

Also this list is pretty much dormant, you'll want to post to plone
users to get more outreach.

On 2 March 2015 at 19:30, rawsystems <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I’ve forked Products.Maps and things are “working”.  All I want is a .pt (or
> python) script to act as the homepage in my product .   This is taking me
> way too long, so I’m reaching out.   I didn’t want to do diazo theming but
> if that’s the chosen new way, then please let me know.

Yes in general terms that is the recommended 'new way'

> I’ve done theming
> in plone 3, but it appears that the glue just doesn’t stick for plone 4.

much of your plone 3 knowledge should still apply, what do you want to
do and how? (see above)

> Thank you in advance.

> sponsored
> all

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

London - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>