Serve Plone site over FastCGI

Nicolas Göddel Nicolas Göddel

Serve Plone site over FastCGI

Hi there,

I have the following base scenario:
Plone 4.3.3 is running with 4 clients and Relstorage on a server, say
hostA.subA.domainA.de and the ports 8080 to 8083.
I have only basic user rights on that server, but there is a 'public_html'
folder and the possibility to run CGI-scripts inside
/home/userA/public_html/cgi-bin.
I can call these scripts through 'http://subA.domainA.de/~userA/cgi-bin/script.py'
I can also use simple RewriteRules inside .htaccess files.

Now I want to be able to serve for example client1 (8080) over such a CGI
script. Let's say I open 'http://subA.domainA.de/~userA/cgi-bin/plone.py' and
then I want to see the plone site.
Normally I would open 'http://hostA.subA.domainA.de:8080/myplonesite' to get
access to it.
If I want to open a subfolder of the Plone site I want to call
'http://subA.domainA.de/~userA/cgi-bin/plone.py/subsite'.

In the past I always used a virtual host and RewriteRules or ProxyPass together
with a LoadBalancer. But this time there is no other possibility.

I heard already about WSGI, but I'm afraid that there is no good documentation
to do this.

Thank you!

Steve McMahon Steve McMahon

Nicolas Göddel Nicolas Göddel

Re: Serve Plone site over FastCGI

The last time I misunderstood how Plone over WSGI works.
Basically I am looking for a guide for configuring Apache and Plone to run completely over FastCGI -> WSGI -> Plone.

I found these links:
http://docs.plone.org/manage/deploying/wsgi.html
http://repoze.org/
https://www.nathanvangheem.com/news/running-plone-4-with-a-zope2-wsgi

But I am too dumb to understand how to change my current Plone installation so that it runs with WSGI. And what I have to configure in Apache, etc...

Thanks.

Am 07.01.2015 um 01:17 schrieb Steve McMahon:
[...]

Nathan Van Gheem-3 Nathan Van Gheem-3

Re: Serve Plone site over FastCGI

Some have used wsgi to run plone from what I've heard.

But it's hard and undocumented. It'll be very difficult finding anyone with the knowledge to help you with this problem. I've never heard of anyone trying to do what you're doing.

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Nicolas Göddel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Solutions Architect
Wildcard Corp