Quantcast

Running buildout of an old plone version

Flor Flor

Running buildout of an old plone version

Hi everyone,

I need to run a buildout for an old version of plone 3.3.4, hopefully we are going to migrate it soon, but in the meantime we need to implement a new addon product. The problem is that it is getting the latest version of products.cmfplone, causing errors in the buildout. Which version should i pin? 2.1.2 or 4.0.b1.

Thanks,

Fiorina
David Glick (GW) David Glick (GW)

Re: Running buildout of an old plone version

On Apr 12, 2012, at 1:37 AM, Flor wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I need to run a buildout for an old version of plone 3.3.4, hopefully we are
> going to migrate it soon, but in the meantime we need to implement a new
> addon product. The problem is that it is getting the latest version of
> products.cmfplone, causing errors in the buildout. Which version should i
> pin? 2.1.2 or 4.0.b1.

Use Products.CMFPlone 4.0b1 with Plone 3. (Plone 3 just had a Plone egg, not Products.CMFPlone, but some addons now depend on the Products.CMFPlone egg that was added for Plone 4. Products.CMFPlone 4.0b1 was created expressly to serve as a stub to allow the use of addons that do that in older versions of Plone.

David

David Glick
 Web Developer
 [hidden email]
 206.286.1235x32

GiveBIG is coming! Mark your calendar for May 2 and get ready to give big to Groundwire
on this community-wide day of giving.

http://www.seattlefoundation.org/npos/Pages/Groundwire.aspx