Re: Tree Control for Page Template?

dconvent dconvent

Re: Tree Control for Page Template?

a ZPT alternative to DTML-Tree is ZopeTree, available from:
http://www.zope.org/Members/philikon/ZopeTree

Gary Kopp wrote:

> I have a requirement to put an expandable tree control on a ZPT page (I
> guess I could fall back to DTML if I had to).  Is there some code
> floating around that I could use as a solid starting point rather than
> writing it all from scratch?  Is Plone’s nav tree code perhaps
> accessible enough for me to “borrow” from it?  Or is dtml-tree still a
> viable alternative?  Or is there even a stronger candidate somewhere?
>

> --Gary Kopp

Gary Kopp Gary Kopp

RE: Re: Tree Control for Page Template?

David,

Thanks for the pointer.  In the interim I successfully got Tigra's free
client-side Javascript-based tree control to do what I want in a page
template.  Programatically all I had to do was insert the hierarchical
tree data contents in a Javascript variable assignment generated through
TAL and a recursive Python method, and include Tigra's underlying
scripts in the page header.  Now I'll evaluate ZopeTree and see if it
offers something better.

--Gary Kopp