Re: Re: Re: Ploneboard question

Alexander Limi Alexander Limi

Re: Re: Re: Ploneboard question

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:14:59 -0700, robert rottermann <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am working with a customer which *migth* be interessted in sponsoring
> *some* developpement of PloneBoard.
> I just sendt him an email pointing out the idea.
>  It would be great to have some idea what the suggested "medium
> between" would look like.

There is now a list of PLIPs at:

http://plone.org/products/ploneboard/roadmap/psc_improvements_listing

Jon Stahl Jon Stahl

Re: Ploneboard question

Alexander Limi <limi@...> writes:

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:14:59 -0700, robert rottermann
> <robert@...>
> wrote:
>
> > I am working with a customer which *migth* be interessted in sponsoring
> > *some* developpement of PloneBoard.
> > I just sendt him an email pointing out the idea.
> >  It would be great to have some idea what the suggested "medium
> > between" would look like.
>
> There is now a list of PLIPs at:
>
> http://plone.org/products/ploneboard/roadmap/psc_improvements_listing

Just to add a little more context -- I wrote this initial list of PLIPs based on
some brainstorming between myself and Marshall Mayer of LiveModern.com, who runs
one of the larger Plone-based forums out there, and is looking for a way out of
CMFBoard.

This list of Ploneboard PLIPs attempts to outline the features that we think are
needed to run a community like LiveModern.com, and by extension, to support a
solid, medium-featured forum product for Plone.  It is drawn from -- and
supersedes -- some more expansive brainstorming that we did a few weeks back at8
http://www.seattleplone.org/Members/jonstahl/ideas-for-ploneboard.

We are just starting the process of gathering feedback on these PLIPs, and more
importantly, aggregating they resources (money, developer skills) that will be
necessary to implement these improvements.  We don't yet have a solid estimate
of cost.

If you or one of your clients is interested in participating (financially or
othwerwise), we'd love to hear from you, either on-list, or privately.  Marshall
is serving as the lead point of contact ([hidden email]).

best,
jon

---------
Jon Stahl
ONE/Northwest
www.onenw.org

Jon Stahl, Director of Web Solutions
ONE/Northwest - Online Networking for the Environment
http://www.onenw.org
Mark Fallu Mark Fallu

Re: Re: Ploneboard question

I would like to suggest another ploneboard plip -

Using ploneboard as a drop in replacement for plone discussions - and
having the new ploneboard enabled discussions being viewable from
either the context of the content object itself - or within a
centralised threaded discussion board.

For example - say the plone site had a ploneboard based threaded
discussion board - it could have a section that mirrored the layout of
plone.org.  If someone left a comment about a particular product in
the software center, or on a piece of documentation - that comment
would also appear in the relevant thread on the discussion board.

This would allow individuals to more easily keep up with all of the
activity going on across a diverse site/collection of content.

I am willing to fund some of the ploneboard development and would be
happy to contribute to any estimates discussions etc.

Cheers,

Mark

> This list of Ploneboard PLIPs attempts to outline the features that we think are
> needed to run a community like LiveModern.com, and by extension, to support a
> solid, medium-featured forum product for Plone.  It is drawn from -- and
> supersedes -- some more expansive brainstorming that we did a few weeks back at8
> http://www.seattleplone.org/Members/jonstahl/ideas-for-ploneboard.
>
> We are just starting the process of gathering feedback on these PLIPs, and more
> importantly, aggregating they resources (money, developer skills) that will be
> necessary to implement these improvements.  We don't yet have a solid estimate
> of cost.

Jon Stahl Jon Stahl

RE: Re: Ploneboard question

Mark-

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've just turned this into a PLIP at
http://members.plone.org/products/ploneboard/roadmap/15.

Feel free to comment there if I didn't get the gist of it right.

best,
jon