Re: Re: Ploneboard messages not searchable

Martin Aspeli-2 Martin Aspeli-2

Re: Re: Ploneboard messages not searchable

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:07:24 +0100, Pedro Silva
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Raphael Ritz wrote:
>> Pedro Silva wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> in my plone 2.1.1 test site with ploneboard (latest trunk) searches
>>> by text that i know to be in forums returns nothing. Is this a bug or
>>> a future feature?
>>
>> As you wish ;-)
> I wish it was searchable O:-)
>>
>> AFAIK PloneBoard maintains it's own catalog.
> Is there a way to make  it searchable?

Look in archetype_tool - the catalogs tab. If Ploneboard is playing nice,
you should be able to change the multiplex there so content is indexed in
both catalogs (find Ploneboard content types and tell them to be indexed
in the main catalog). You'll then have to reindex the main catalog (update
button).

If Plonebiard is not playing nice (I suspect it may not be - Tim?
Helge?).... you'll have to write a script to search the ploneboard
catalog, which is not too difficult.

Martin

--
(muted)