Re: Problems with livesearch on linux

Christoph Pingel Christoph Pingel

Re: Problems with livesearch on linux

Hello,

I have a very similar problem, also on linux: livesearch simply shows
*all* documents. In my case, development was done entirely on a linux
machine. I didn't look into the livesearch machinery yet, so if
anybody in the know could give a hint what could be going wrong, I'd
appreciate it.

best regards,
Christoph

>Hello,
>I have a Plone site developed on windows Zope+Plone (version 2.1 final).
>Livesearch works at it just fine. After exporting the site to .zexp file and
>then importing on linux clean instance (same versions of zope and plone) it
>stops working well - no matter what I enter into the box, it shows all
>documents (which of course hardly ever contain searched phrase). After
>exporting this instance from linux and importing on windows it also works no
>longer. I tried running "update catalog" in ZMI but it didn't help.
>Anyone with similar problems and/or idea what's wrong? Does anyone have
>working livesearch on an instance that was from the beginning developed on
>linux?
>Regards,
>Liliana

Luca Olivetti-4 Luca Olivetti-4

Re: Problems with livesearch on linux

En/na Christoph Pingel ha escrit:
> Hello,
>
> I have a very similar problem, also on linux: livesearch simply shows
> *all* documents. In my case, development was done entirely on a linux
> machine. I didn't look into the livesearch machinery yet, so if anybody
> in the know could give a hint what could be going wrong, I'd appreciate it.

http://plone.org/documentation/faq/CatalogDisappears

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007

Reinoud van Leeuwen Reinoud van Leeuwen

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 02:53:04PM +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Christoph Pingel ha escrit:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have a very similar problem, also on linux: livesearch simply shows
> >*all* documents. In my case, development was done entirely on a linux
> >machine. I didn't look into the livesearch machinery yet, so if anybody
> >in the know could give a hint what could be going wrong, I'd appreciate it.
>
> http://plone.org/documentation/faq/CatalogDisappears

I have a similar problem: when an anonymous user uses livesearch, some
results cannot be viewed without loggin in...

(the site is an updated 2.05 Plone instance).

I've reindexed the indexes mentioned in the FAQ URL, and others that seem
appropriate as well, but this does not solve the problem. Has anyone else
encountered this (and solved it? ";-)

TIA,

Luca Olivetti-4 Luca Olivetti-4

Re: Problems with livesearch on linux

En/na Reinoud van Leeuwen ha escrit:

> I have a similar problem: when an anonymous user uses livesearch, some
> results cannot be viewed without loggin in...

I saw this using internet explorer: it seems it caches results from a
previous session. Firefox has no such problem.

Bye

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:23:42PM +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Reinoud van Leeuwen ha escrit:
>
> >I have a similar problem: when an anonymous user uses livesearch, some
> >results cannot be viewed without loggin in...
>
> I saw this using internet explorer: it seems it caches results from a
> previous session. Firefox has no such problem.

I only use firefox on windows and both firefox and safari on OSX. All my
browsers have it...

Christoph Pingel Christoph Pingel

Re: Problems with livesearch on linux

Luca,

thanks for this hint. Solved the problem for me.

best regards,
Christoph