Re: Plone 2.1 and Copy/Paste permission

Marcin Davies Marcin Davies

Luca <lucafbb@...> writes:

> I used a trick, calling a Owner-proxy script.

That sound interesting  - could you share your wisdom? :-)

We also have a lot of folders, where non-owners (of those folders)
should be allowed to copy/paste content, they have created.

Thanks.

Marcin

Lucafbb Lucafbb

Re: Re: Plone 2.1 and Copy/Paste permission

This was an old test.
After that, I found that is possible to do the same only customizing the persmission of the new roles. The proxied script is a bad way if is possible to use normal permission!
The first time I didn't check the "View management screens" permission, and for one reason I don't know, this is required for the copy/paste.

To create a new Owner role (after that you are obviously able to remove all permission that you don't want for those NewOwner role) look and check al permission set at instance level for the Owner for new NewOwner role in the Plone site. Again do the same for all permission of Owner in Plone site for the NewOwner.

Luca <lucafbb@...> writes:

> The first time I didn't check the "View management screens" permission,
> and for one reason I don't
> know, this is required for the copy/paste.

Thanks for that hint! It works, however it seems weird to me -
has anyone of the more knowledgeable ones out there a theory,
why this is needed for copy/paste?

marcin

RedTurtle RedTurtle

Re: Re: Plone 2.1 and Copy/Paste permission

Not at all, but the Plone permission somethimes is not very "granular"... but it's impossible to have a permission for every single action. The permission tab is very long even now!

Dieter Maurer Dieter Maurer

Marcin Davies wrote at 2005-11-22 13:08 +0000:
>> The first time I didn't check the "View management screens" permission,
>> and for one reason I don't
>> know, this is required for the copy/paste.
>
>Thanks for that hint! It works, however it seems weird to me -
>has anyone of the more knowledgeable ones out there a theory,
>why this is needed for copy/paste?

"manage_{copy|cut|paste}Objects" are use to implement the
Copy|Cut|Paste feature of the ZMI.
I expect that this was the motivation for the special permission.
The ZMI features are of course only available when you see
the "management screens".

--
Dieter