RAMCache?!?!?!

Edward Muller Edward Muller

RAMCache?!?!?!

Can anyone point me to any decent, thorough and up-to-date (Plone 2.1
compatible) documentation for using RAMCache?

I want to cache templates in portal_skins. Is that possible and if so how? I
can't seem to get it to work at all.

--
Edward Muller
Interlix, LLC

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung

Re: RAMCache?!?!?!

--On 18. Mai 2006 23:49:04 -0500 Edward Muller <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Can anyone point me to any decent, thorough and up-to-date (Plone 2.1
> compatible) documentation for using RAMCache?
>
> I want to cache templates in portal_skins. Is that possible and if so
> how? I  can't seem to get it to work at all.

Use Cache-Fu.

-aj

Edward Muller Edward Muller

Re: RAMCache?!?!?!

It's plone 2.1 and the customer won't install squid for some reason.

--
Edward Muller
Interlix, LLC

Jon Stahl Jon Stahl

Re: RAMCache?!?!?!

Edward Muller <edwardam@...> writes:

> On Friday 19 May 2006 00:06, Andreas Jung wrote:
> > --On 18. Mai 2006 23:49:04 -0500 Edward Muller <edwardam@...>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Can anyone point me to any decent, thorough and up-to-date (Plone 2.1
> > > compatible) documentation for using RAMCache?
> > >
> > > I want to cache templates in portal_skins. Is that possible and if so
> > > how? I  can't seem to get it to work at all.
> >
> > Use Cache-Fu.
>
> It's plone 2.1 and the customer won't install squid for some reason.

Cache-Fu doesn't require Squid. It provides a significant performane boost for
"bare Zope" or "Zope behind Apache" too, although of course using Squid produces
the greatest benefits.

best,
jon
-----
Jon Stahl
ONE/Northwest

Jon Stahl, Director of Web Solutions
ONE/Northwest - Online Networking for the Environment
http://www.onenw.org
Edward Muller Edward Muller

Re: Re: RAMCache?!?!?!

Okay then, what version of Cache-Fu should I be using, on a production Plone
2.1.1 site?

On Friday 19 May 2006 00:34, Jon Stahl wrote:

> Edward Muller <edwardam@...> writes:
> > On Friday 19 May 2006 00:06, Andreas Jung wrote:
> > > --On 18. Mai 2006 23:49:04 -0500 Edward Muller <edwardam@...>

> > > Use Cache-Fu.
> >
> > It's plone 2.1 and the customer won't install squid for some reason.
>
> Cache-Fu doesn't require Squid. It provides a significant performane boost
> for "bare Zope" or "Zope behind Apache" too, although of course using Squid
> produces the greatest benefits.
>
> best,
> jon
> -----
> Jon Stahl
> ONE/Northwest

Edward Muller
Interlix, LLC

Jon Stahl Jon Stahl

Re: RAMCache?!?!?!

Edward Muller <edwardam@...> writes:

> Okay then, what version of Cache-Fu should I be using, on a production Plone
> 2.1.1 site?

Well, I would probably use the latest released version from:
http://plone.org/products/cachefu

which appears to be '1.0-beta2.'

It's not a final release, so test it carefully on a copy of your production
site.  Given the fact that it's had a lot of smart people looking at it, it's in
production on Plone.org, and seems to have few reported bugs in the tracker, I'd
feel reasonably comfortable reading the docs carefully, testing it and then
deploying it.  It seems to uninstall gracefully.

Geoff Davis or others more in the know than I may have different advice to
offer, which I'd certainly listen to more closely than me.  ;-)

Full disclosure: we haven't installed it yet on our production sites because we
haven't had the time to test it thoroughly.

best,
jon
----