Question about https://docs.plone.org/manage/installing/requirements.html

Vijay Sankar Vijay Sankar

Question about https://docs.plone.org/manage/installing/requirements.html

With Plone 5.x the documentation states:

Optional libraries
If Plone can find utilities that convert various document formats to text, it will include them in the site index. To get PDFs and common office automation formats indexed, add:
poppler-utils (PDFs)
wv (office docs)
These may be added after initial installation.

If I create a new Plone site after installing the optional libraries, PDF search works. However, I am not sure how to enable PDF search on a Plone site that was populated with content before poppler was installed. With Plone 3, I recall that a content reindex after installing poppler-utiles and wv allowed me to search to PDFs etc. How can I do this on Plone 5.x. Please let me know.

Thanks very much,

Vijay

--
Vijay Sankar
[hidden email]

Vijay Sankar Vijay Sankar

Re: Question about https://docs.plone.org/manage/installing/requirements.html

For some weird reason, I accidentally sent this question to this forum which is no longer in use!

Resolved my question from my old set up notes for Plone 3.x!!!
Added the following identifiers and corresponding modules to portal transforms

Identifier Module
pdf_to_html Products.PortalTransforms.transforms.pdf_to_html
pdf_to_text Products.PortalTransforms.transforms.pdf_to_text

Reindexed catalog. Unfortunately this information was not easily accessible on Plone 5.x docs for me (probably I was looking in the wrong place).

Replying to my question in case I repeat my mistake again and Google for an answer :)