Plone Site metadata set on admin control

Ofer Weisglass Ofer Weisglass

Plone Site metadata set on admin control

hay

I have new idea  - to add option to edit site metadata on admin control
pannel

The metadata on the site homepage is good for search engines.

The site admin will be able to add words that the site is about and also
more information about the site.

From w3.org  website

"A common use for META is to specify keywords that a search engine may use
to improve the quality of search results. When several META elements
provide language-dependent information about a document, search engines
may filter on the lang attribute to display search results using the
language preferences of the user.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#h-7.4.4.2

Ofer Weisglass

Ofer Weisglass Ofer Weisglass

Re: Plone Site metadata set on admin control

Hay limi

Thanks for your answer and the irc talk last night.

We want Plone to support all standards and options, so why not to do the
same thing with search engines and give also the options to edit site
information for all search engines options

Mabye one day the keywords will come back and be popular again.

Ofer Weisglass

> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:11:37 -0700, Ofer Weisglass
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have new idea  - to add option to edit site metadata on admin control
>> pannel
>>
>> The metadata on the site homepage is good for search engines.
>
> The only meta keyword any search engine these days uses is the
> "Description" one, and that is already populated by Plone.

>       Alexander Limi · Chief Architect · Plone Solutions · Norway
>
>   Consulting · Training · Development · http://www.plonesolutions.com
>
>        Plone Co-Founder · http://plone.org · Connecting Content
>    Plone Foundation · http://plone.org/foundation · Protecting Plone

geoffd geoffd

Re: Plone Site metadata set on admin control

I think there is a product that does this called "Plone SEO" or something
like that.  Google around.

"Ofer Weisglass" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...