Plone Relstorage and Oracle Database

Nicolas Göddel Nicolas Göddel

Plone Relstorage and Oracle Database

Hi folks,

I just installed Oracle Database 12c on my server for testing purposes and now I want to connect Plone 5.0.7 to that database using Relstorage. I am not able to find good information about this. In the past I was able to connect Plone to a MySQL database but it seems that Oracle is quite a bit more complex to configure.

I found this very old guide: https://makina-corpus.com/blog/metier/2009/connecting-oracle-sqlachemy-and-very-simple-plone-integration

But after installing cx_oracle I got stuck at "import cx_oracle" as you can see here:

[hidden email] ./python
Python 2.7.12 (default, Oct 24 2017, 13:14:12)
>>> import cx_Oracle
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: /home/plone/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cx_Oracle.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsEncodedString

It seems like I have to compile the oracle client by myself as suggested here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/11718446/4239139
But this post is also quite old. So before I try this my idea was to ask you guys first because I hope it will be a lot easier today.

So can you give me some hints, advices or guides to help me? Thank you!

Best regards,
Nicolas Göddel