Quantcast

Plone 4 Installation on windows 7 64 bit Please help me

emrah emrah

Plone 4 Installation on windows 7 64 bit Please help me

When I first insatalled Plone 4 it did not work correctyl then I disabled firewall when I tried again it worked , when I woke up in the morning I started my pc and tried to start plone again it did not work I was getting an error cannot connect to localhost after trying many different things I diceded to format my pc and after the format i installed plone again once again it was working but then again it stopped working it has been like this for the last month.when i uninstall and reinstall it works but if I close the browser or plone contral GUI and start it again it just does not work please help me as this is about my final projecteror 1error 2
dblack7777 dblack7777

Re: Plone 4 Installation on windows 7 64 bit Please help me

emrah,

Try this: Go to the instance root and go to the "var" folder. Do you see a couple of files ending with .lock and .pid? If so, remove those and re-run the Plone Controller application and it Start. That fixed it for me on a Win 7 development machine.

I've found that if I run the Plone Controller & hit "Stop" before I shut down or reboot, it will automatically remove those files for you. After you reboot, you can then run the Plone Controller and Start the instance and it should work. Give it about 2-3 minutes before you try to load your Plone site in the browser.

Hope this helps.

Neil Gibbs
Karl Johan Kleist Karl Johan Kleist

Re: Plone 4 Installation on windows 7 64 bit Please help me

This might be a bug in the Zope service. I've created a ticket: http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/11492
emrah emrah

Re: Plone 4 Installation on windows 7 64 bit Please help me

thank you very much your solution has saved my acedemic career  can I include your solution in my project report?
dblack7777 dblack7777

Re: Plone 4 Installation on windows 7 64 bit Please help me

Emrah,

If you are referring to me, no problem at all! I spent a good 4 hours hunting for it online & then another 45 min. or so on the IRC channel before we found the fix. I hope by getting this out there that it will save some other unfortunate souls who are forced to run Plone on Windows

Neil Gibbs
emrah emrah

Re: Plone 4 Installation on windows 7 64 bit Please help me

Yes Neil I am refering to your post thank you