Quantcast

Plone 4 - Editing short names

Nate Jarchow Nate Jarchow

Plone 4 - Editing short names

In 4.1.3 setting the user preference "Allow editing of Short Names"
appears to do nothing. When set and creating or editing content the
short name field does not show up in the editing form.

I have not found any documentation stating this feature went away in
Plone 4 nor do I see any bug reports.

Could anyone confirm this as a bug?

Nate

Larry Pitcher Larry Pitcher

Re: Plone 4 - Editing short names

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 09:46 -0600, Nate Jarchow wrote:

> In 4.1.3 setting the user preference "Allow editing of Short Names"
> appears to do nothing. When set and creating or editing content the
> short name field does not show up in the editing form.
>
> I have not found any documentation stating this feature went away in
> Plone 4 nor do I see any bug reports.
>
> Could anyone confirm this as a bug?
>
> Nate

Hi Nate,

There's a site-wide setting called "Show 'Short Name' on content?" in
the Site Settings > Editing control panel. Try turning that on.

HTH,

--
Larry Pitcher
Catapult Solutions

Web:     www.catapultsolutions.net
Email:   [hidden email]
Office:  509.849.2660
Mobile:  509.629.1376
Skype:   larry.pitcher

Luca Fabbri Luca Fabbri

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Nate Jarchow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In 4.1.3 setting the user preference "Allow editing of Short Names"
> appears to do nothing. When set and creating or editing content the
> short name field does not show up in the editing form.
>
> I have not found any documentation stating this feature went away in
> Plone 4 nor do I see any bug reports.
>
> Could anyone confirm this as a bug?

Maybe you already did it, but in Plone you must select this option in
two places:
1) the Manager must check the option than allow users to fill the id field
2) every single user must choose the same option in their own preferences

--
-- luca

twitter: http://twitter.com/keul
linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/lucafbb
blog: http://blog.keul.it/

JonStahl JonStahl

Re: Plone 4 - Editing short names

You need to enable it globally in the "Editing" control panel.  I
don't believe this behavior has changed recently.

:jon