Plone 2.1 and deleting CMF content types

Edward Muller Edward Muller

Plone 2.1 and deleting CMF content types

Assuming a site doesn't have any CMF content types in use is it safe to delete
the old (non ATCT) CMF Types from portal_types?

--
Edward Muller
Interlix, LLC

Raphael Ritz Raphael Ritz

Re: Plone 2.1 and deleting CMF content types

Edward Muller wrote:
> Assuming a site doesn't have any CMF content types in use is it safe to delete
> the old (non ATCT) CMF Types from portal_types?

Yes.

The only potential problem you could run into later that I can
come up with has to do with importing content from some other
older Plone site via Zope's import mechanism (.zexp).

But even then all you would have to do is to recreate the
fti entries via ZMI by selecting 'Factory-based Type Information'
from the add drop down, setting the id right and selecting
whatever you need then (just play around to convince yourself
that you don't loose anything here).

Raphael