PLIP #42 Status?

Edward Muller Edward Muller

PLIP #42 Status?

What is the status of PLIP #42 (CMFMember integration)?

And is CMFMember 1.1 going to be released (according to plone.org it hasn't
been)?

Thanks
--
Edward Muller
Interlix, LLC

Rob Miller Rob Miller

Re: PLIP #42 Status?

Edward Muller wrote:
> What is the status of PLIP #42 (CMFMember integration)?

it's not gonna happen.  CMFMember was deemed to be too complex to put
into the core.  plus, going forward Plone will be using
PluggableAuthService (PAS) as its user folder implementation, and
CMFMember doesn't support PAS.  i'm working on a product called
'remember' (based on another product 'membrane') which will eventually
replace CMFMember and provide a migration path forward.  it is my hope
that remember will eventually become part of the Plone core, but it's
far too early to be writing a PLIP for that.

> And is CMFMember 1.1 going to be released (according to plone.org it hasn't
> been)?

eventually.  CMFMember has always had a very conservative release
schedule.  it's due for another release fairly soon, but there's no
timeline set.

-r