Opinion on Pull Request (plone.app.widgets)

Jens W. klein-2 Jens W. klein-2

Opinion on Pull Request (plone.app.widgets)

There is an open PR with a massive contribution on a file upload widget
here: https://github.com/plone/plone.app.widgets/pull/80

I have no idea how to proceed with it. May some pa.widgets/ mockup folks
have a look at it? A decision (merge, close, further work needed) would
be great.

Thanks
Jens
--
Klein & Partner KG, member of BlueDynamics Alliance

hvelarde hvelarde

Re: Opinion on Pull Request (plone.app.widgets)

seems to me he's using jQuery File Upload, the same library we use in
collective.upload:

https://blueimp.github.io/jQuery-File-Upload/

that's awesome and I'll vote a huge +1 on including this on the widgets.
unfortunately, the only one of us who could help is rodfersou, but we
are finishing 2 sites and we can't help right now.

can someone fix the conflicts? if nobody has taken a look on it by end
of August, I think we can check it.

Héctor Velarde

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Nathan Van Gheem Nathan Van Gheem

Re: Opinion on Pull Request (plone.app.widgets)

No, this is not using https://blueimp.github.io/jQuery-File-Upload/ and we decided a while ago that it's not something that should be in core.

This PR was using the current upload widget; however, it is not done and need a considerable amount of effort to finish. For instance, it's saving files to the /tmp directory, not zodb.

I changed the labels to have WIP and removed the review label.

-Nathan

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Héctor Velarde <[hidden email]> wrote:
seems to me he's using jQuery File Upload, the same library we use in collective.upload:

https://blueimp.github.io/jQuery-File-Upload/

that's awesome and I'll vote a huge +1 on including this on the widgets. unfortunately, the only one of us who could help is rodfersou, but we are finishing 2 sites and we can't help right now.

can someone fix the conflicts? if nobody has taken a look on it by end of August, I think we can check it.

Héctor Velarde

Nathan Van Gheem
Solutions Architect
Wildcard Corp