Non-managers cutting and pasting objects

Dave Zoltok Dave Zoltok

Non-managers cutting and pasting objects

Our site has various levels of management, some of which are allowed
to move items from one location to another.  This requires the ability
to cut and paste objects, but every time I try to do so with a
sub-manager, I get an error saying I'm unauthorized to paste into the
location.  Checking the code, it seems that manage_pasteObjects is
called, which requires either the Manager or Owner role.  Is there a
way to allow other roles to paste into objects as well?

Dave

Dieter Maurer Dieter Maurer

Re: Non-managers cutting and pasting objects

Dave Zoltok wrote at 2005-10-20 11:42 -0400:
>Our site has various levels of management, some of which are allowed
>to move items from one location to another.  This requires the ability
>to cut and paste objects, but every time I try to do so with a
>sub-manager,
>I get an error saying I'm unauthorized to paste into the
>location.  Checking the code, it seems that manage_pasteObjects is
>called, which requires either the Manager or Owner role.

The Zope implementation of "manage_pasteObjects" does not have
this restriction.
Plone might have redefined this method and added the restriction
(but I doubt at least the latter).

--
Dieter