Newsletter Salutations

Peter Holzer Peter Holzer

Newsletter Salutations

Hi
I'm extending the salutation feature in EasyNewsletter. The idea is to
make it ttw configurable as far as possible.
To cover most cases, I would need examples for the most formal version
that you can think of.

Available fields are: Salutation NamePrefix FirstName LastName

Examples:
EN-Male: Dear Dr. LastName
EN-Female: Dear Dr. LastName
(leave off Salutation if NamePrefix is present )

DE-Male: Sehr geehrter Herr Doktor LastName
DE-Female: Sehr geehrtere Frau Doktor Lastname
(everything included)

How would that look for french and italian?

FR-Male: Cher docteur Lastname
FR-Female: Cher docteur Lastname

FR-Male: Cher Monsieur Lastname
FR-Female: Chère Madame Lastname

IT-Male: Egregio Dottore Lastname
IT-Female: Egregio Dottore Lastname

IT-Male: Egregio Signore Lastname
IT-Female: Egregia Signora Lastname

Thanx for your input
Peter

hvelarde hvelarde

Re: Newsletter Salutations

Peter:

I think is better to use the Plone Community Add-on Development forum
for this kind of announcements:

https://community.plone.org/category/using-plone/add-on-development

also, your enhancement should be described in depth on the package issue
tracker:

https://github.com/collective/Products.EasyNewsletter/issues

best regards

Héctor Velarde

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Peter Holzer Peter Holzer

Re: Newsletter Salutations

thanx, will move it there...
btw. there is already an issue
https://github.com/collective/Products.EasyNewsletter/issues/58
Peter

On 2015-04-16 13:31:50 +0000, Héctor Velarde said:

> Peter:
>
> I think is better to use the Plone Community Add-on Development forum
> for this kind of announcements:
>
> https://community.plone.org/category/using-plone/add-on-development
>
> also, your enhancement should be described in depth on the package issue
> tracker:
>
> https://github.com/collective/Products.EasyNewsletter/issues
>
> best regards
>
> Héctor Velarde
>

> <image>------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Learn Process modeling best practices with Bonita BPM through live exercises
> http://www.bonitasoft.com/be-part-of-it/events/bpm-camp-virtual- event?utm_

Peter Holzer Peter Holzer

Re: Newsletter Salutations

Hi
Would someone mind to comment on
https://community.plone.org/t/newsletter-salutations/539 for french and
italian?
Thanx
Peter

On 2015-04-16 15:47:26 +0000, Peter Holzer said:

> thanx, will move it there...
> btw. there is already an
> issuehttps://github.com/collective/Products.EasyNewsletter/issues/58
> Peter
>
> On 2015-04-16 13:31:50 +0000, Héctor Velarde said:
>
>> Peter:
>>
>> I think is better to use the Plone Community Add-on Development forum>
>> for this kind of announcements:
>>
>> https://community.plone.org/category/using-plone/add-on-development
>>
>> also, your enhancement should be described in depth on the package issue
>> tracker:
>>
>> https://github.com/collective/Products.EasyNewsletter/issues
>>
>> best regards
>>
>> Héctor Velarde
>>

>> <image>------------------------------------------------------------------------------>>
>> BPM Camp - Free Virtual Workshop May 6th at 10am PDT/1PM EDT
>> Develop your own process in accordance with the BPMN 2 standard
>> Learn Process modeling best practices with Bonita BPM through live exercises
>> http://www.bonitasoft.com/be-part-of-it/events/bpm-camp-virtual- event?utm_
>> source=Sourceforge_BPM_Camp_5_6_15&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=VA_SF

> Learn Process modeling best practices with Bonita BPM through live exercises
> http://www.bonitasoft.com/be-part-of-it/events/bpm-camp-virtual- event?utm_

hvelarde hvelarde

Re: Newsletter Salutations

would someone confirm that community.plone.org is indeed alive?

seems to me that people end posting here all kind of topics because good
old mailing lists are better than "the discussion platform built for the
next decade of the internet".