News about 4.0.3 release on plone.org ?

thomas desvenain thomas desvenain

News about 4.0.3 release on plone.org ?

Hi,

4.0.3 has been released for about 2 weeks now,
will there be a news and an update on plone.org ?

Thomas

--
Thomas Desvenain

Téléphone : 09 51 37 35 18

Eric Steele (esteele) Eric Steele (esteele)

Re: News about 4.0.3 release on plone.org ?

On Feb 5, 2011, at 7:41 AM, thomas desvenain wrote:
Hi,

4.0.3 has been released for about 2 weeks now,
will there be a news and an update on plone.org ?

Thomas

I've been waiting for the Windows installer before I point to it on the homepage.

Eric

Alan Runyan-3 Alan Runyan-3

Re: News about 4.0.3 release on plone.org ?

> 4.0.3 has been released for about 2 weeks now,
> will there be a news and an update on plone.org ?
>
> Thomas
>
> I've been waiting for the Windows installer before I point to it on the
> homepage.

We have a way of building windows installers.  It is a bit different
than how Sidnei may have been doing them.  It would be ideal
if we could get a Windows buildbot where I could get one of our
guys to install the software. We have the process fully documented.
It takes about 2-3 hours for a seasoned person to make the builder.

http://package.enfoldsystems.com/docs/windows.html

I believe we should find a place to install the software so the
community-at-large
can manage it. Instead of waiting on a particular person/company.

cheers
alan

Alexander Limi Alexander Limi

Re: News about 4.0.3 release on plone.org ?

Any progress on this? Right now we have published 4.0.3 on the front page without a Windows installer, which should really *never* happen. The Windows installer is by far the most downloaded version of Plone, and the current state is not really acceptable. Right now, it looks like Plone doesn't work on Windows at all.

I propose we at the very least roll back to 4.0.2 until the 4.0.3 release is available. People that know and care about something specific in 4.0.3 can get it manually.

Again, a release of Plone really shouldn't be available until we have  installer packages for the three top-tier platforms.

--
Alexander Limi · http://twitter.com/limi · http://limi.net