Migration Help Needed

Edward Muller Edward Muller

Migration Help Needed

Old Setup...
Plone 2.0.5
Zope 2.7.6
Python 2.3.5
ATContentType 0.2.0-final
Plus some other AT based content types like CMFBibliographyAT, ATExternalFile
and PloneHelpCenter.

It's a highly customized site, but most of the customizations are in a Product
that has been ported to Zope 2.8.1/Plone 2.1

I am migrating the site by doing the following:
Install Zope 2.8.1
Install Plone 2.1.1
install various extra AT Types used.
Install custom product
copy var from zope 2.7.6/plone 2.0.5 instance

start zope in foreground mode

Run the following via the web browser
http://<portal_url>/portal_catalog/manage_convertIndexes
http://<portal_url>/uid_catalog/manage_convertIndexes
http://<portal_url>/reference_catalog/manage_convertIndexes
They return no errors...

I need to disable the following methods in the CMFPlone migration
migrations/v2_1/alphas/addNewsTopic
migrations/v2_1/alphas/addEventsTopic
migrations/v2_1/rcs/alterSortCriterionOnNewsTopic
For what reason I'm not sure yet....

But after doing so CMFPlone migrates without any noise.

But ... when I take a look at any ATFolder based type it has the '<>' icon in
front of it instead of the regular folder icon. There is something wrong with
them. Also portal_atct shows ATFolder and several other ATContent types as
not being installed.

I've tried various things but can't revive the folders. Can anyone help
provide any insight?
--
Edward Muller - Interlix
[hidden email]

Edward Muller Edward Muller

Re: Migration Help Needed

I get this error when trying to migrate ATContentTypes Manually:

# Error value: getDefaultPage() takes exactly 1 non-keyword argument (2 given)
# File
"/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/ATContentTypes/tool/atct.py", line
262, in upgrade newv, msgs = self._upgrade(newv)
# File
"/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/ATContentTypes/tool/atct.py", line
350, in _upgrade res = function(self.aq_parent)
# File
"/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/ATContentTypes/migration/v1/alphas.py",
line 23, in alpha1_alpha2 migrateCMFTopics(portal,out)
# File
"/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/ATContentTypes/migration/v1/alphas.py",
line 93, in migrateCMFTopics atct.recatalogCMFTypes()
# File
"/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/ATContentTypes/tool/migration.py",
line 123, in recatalogCMFTypes cres, celapse, cc_elapse =
self._catalogCMFtypes()
# File
"/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/ATContentTypes/tool/migration.py",
line 488, in _catalogCMFtypes return self._catalogTypesByMetatype(mt)
# File
"/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/ATContentTypes/tool/migration.py",
line 473, in _catalogTypesByMetatype apply_path=basepath)
# File "/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/OFS/FindSupport.py", line 248, in
ZopeFindAndApply apply_func, apply_path)
# File "/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/OFS/FindSupport.py", line 248, in
ZopeFindAndApply apply_func, apply_path)
# File "/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/OFS/FindSupport.py", line 248, in
ZopeFindAndApply apply_func, apply_path)
# File "/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/OFS/FindSupport.py", line 248, in
ZopeFindAndApply apply_func, apply_path)
# File "/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/OFS/FindSupport.py", line 236, in
ZopeFindAndApply apply_func(ob, (apply_path+'/'+p))
# File "/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/CMFPlone/CatalogTool.py",
line 414, in catalog_object ZCatalog.catalog_object(self, w, uid, idxs)
# File "/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py", line
565, in catalog_object update_metadata=update_metadata)
# File "/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/Catalog.py", line
361, in catalogObject blah = x.index_object(index, object, threshold)
# File
"/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/common/UnIndex.py",
line 225, in index_object res += self._index_object(documentId, obj,
threshold, attr)
# File
"/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/common/UnIndex.py",
line 234, in _index_object datum = self._get_object_datum(obj, attr)
# File
"/usr/local/zope/2.8.1/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/common/UnIndex.py",
line 264, in _get_object_datum datum = getattr(obj, attr)
# File "/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/CMFPlone/CatalogTool.py",
line 88, in __getattr__ return registry[name](obj, portal=self._portal,
vars=vars, **kwargs)
# File "/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/CMFPlone/CatalogTool.py",
line 236, in is_default_page return ptool.isDefaultPage(obj)
# File "/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/CMFPlone/PloneTool.py", line
861, in isDefaultPage parentDefaultPage = self.getDefaultPage(parent)
# File "/var/lib/zope/instances/chdi-281/Products/CMFPlone/PloneTool.py", line
922, in getDefaultPage page = fti.getDefaultPage(obj, check_exists=True)
# End of upgrade path, migration has finished
# The upgrade path did NOT reach current version
# Migration has failed

I see this error (getDefaultPage() takes exactly 1 non-keyword argument) in
the console a lot. I haven't started tracking it back yet. Hopeing someone
can hit me with a clue stick.

--
Edward Muller - Interlix
[hidden email]
417-862-0573
PGP Key: http://interlix.com/Members/edwardam/pgpkeys

Konstantinos Paravantes Konstantinos Paravantes

Plone catalog and search

Plone 2.1.1 - Windows

Hi,  My plone site is not indexed correctly.  When I
search I get nothing although the text exists on a
page.  I reindexed portal catalog but nothing.  I also
recataloged ATCT Tool but nothing.  Strange this is
when i do an advanced search i get everypage on my
site.

Thanks for any help on this.

-D

Konstantinos Paravantes Konstantinos Paravantes

import from Plone 2.1 to 2.1.1 error

Plone 2.1.1 - Windows

Hi,  When I try to import a plone 2.1 site on plone
2.1.1 i get this error.

An error was encountered while publishing this
resource.

Error Type: ImportError
Error Value: No module named persistent.mapping

Thanks for any help on this.

-D

Alexander Limi Alexander Limi

Re: Plone catalog and search

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:31:39 -0700, Konstantinos Paravantes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Plone 2.1.1 - Windows
>
> Hi,  My plone site is not indexed correctly.  When I
> search I get nothing although the text exists on a
> page.  I reindexed portal catalog but nothing.  I also
> recataloged ATCT Tool but nothing.  Strange this is
> when i do an advanced search i get everypage on my
> site.

Try this:
http://plone.org/documentation/faq/catalog-disappears