LDAP and Member List

Stefan Peters Stefan Peters

LDAP and Member List

Hi there,

I'm using Plone 2.0.5 with LDAPUserFolder and PlonePAS. My question is, is
there a way to generate a Member List inside of Plone with the LDAP-Users?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

J Cameron Cooper-3 J Cameron Cooper-3

Re: LDAP and Member List

Stefan Peters wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using Plone 2.0.5 with LDAPUserFolder and PlonePAS. My question is, is
> there a way to generate a Member List inside of Plone with the LDAP-Users?

Plone 2.0.5 and PlonePAS? Does that work? It used to, so I guess it
could, but FYI, PlonePAS is now targeted at Plone 2.1, and compatibility
with 2.0.5 is not guaranteed. I think someone so inclined could keep it
working with 2.0.5, for a while at least.

If you can get LDAP to generate a list of your users, you can implement
an IUserIntrospection plugin. Then LDAP will work list users like the
rest. The IUserEnumeration plugin does searches, and I think
LDAPMultiPlugins does this; maybe that's a starting point.

                --jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/