Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Johann Johann

Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Hi, all I can find in the documentation is that Windows is for testing things in Plone out.  Am I correct that production environments are Linux only?  Thanks.
ajung ajung

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Many people run Plone in production on Windows - voluntarily or not.
There is no documentation that recommends NOT USING Plone on Windows.
The choice of the OS depends often on IT constraints....never give a Linux System into hands of Windows-only and vice versa.

-aj

Johann wrote
Hi, all I can find in the documentation is that Windows is for testing things in Plone out.  Am I correct that production environments are Linux only?  Thanks.
Johann Johann

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

So as long as I follow this,

http://plone.org/documentation/kb/using-buildout-on-windows

I'm good for production?

Is this saying I really have to install MingGW or Visual Studio?  I know it says rarely, but when would I use this?

Is Plone written in C?
ajung ajung

Is Plone written in C?
Johann Johann

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

I don't!  I didn't understand.  I don't want to build anything.
ajung ajung

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Plone.org. -> Downloads

 -aj

Johann wrote
I don't!  I didn't understand.  I don't want to build anything.
Steve McMahon Steve McMahon

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

You're definitely best off using the Windows installer — unless you need to develop C-language additions. ONLY if you need to develop C-language extensions on Windows will you need to create your own Visual Studio or MingGW environment.

Plone is nearly exclusively written in Python. The underlying Zope app server has some components written in C. The windows installer includes binary versions of those.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM, ajung <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why the hell do you want to build Plone yourself?

We have installers!

-aj

Johann wrote
> So as long as I follow this,
>
> http://plone.org/documentation/kb/using-buildout-on-windows
>
> I'm good for production?
>
> Is this saying I really have to install MingGW or Visual Studio?  I know
> it says rarely, but when would I use this?
>
> Is Plone written in C?

Johann Johann

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Isn't the installer, the .exe, just for testing?
Steve McMahon Steve McMahon

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Not at all. Lots of folks using Windows for deployment, particularly in the US.

 You will find that our community isn't great about answering questions about Windows deployment. So be ready for occasional "get a real OS" stupidity from free OS advocates.

Big thing to know: as you move to production, you'll want/need to set up a reverse proxy. That's very difficult with IIS. You'll have two good options:

1) If you must use IIS, get Enfold Proxy http://www.enfoldsystems.com/software/proxy

2) If you can avoid IIS, use Apache.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Johann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Isn't the installer, the .exe, just for testing?

sohbetodalari sohbetodalari

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

plone is intresting software.

I wanna test it tomorrow.
ajung ajung

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Johann wrote
Isn't the installer, the .exe, just for testing?
Dude, is so hard to visit

http://plone.org/products/plone/releases/4.3.1

and download the binary labeled "Windows installer"?

Do you re-confirmation to download the file and execute it?

-aj
clickjob clickjob

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Is it then working on mac

Thanks for info...

Kind regards
Martin
ergu61 ergu61

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

This post was updated on .
thanks..  you for sharing..

film izle - film izle
telefon kılıfları - oyun oyna
sozsahibi sozsahibi

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

forum sitesi forum sitesi

Re: Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?