Install Plone on Mac - Complete Newbie

RayanZenner RayanZenner

Install Plone on Mac - Complete Newbie

Hi, I need to install Plone on my Mac but I can't seem to get my head around it. I download the installer from the site here: OS X Lion/Mountain Lion Binary Installer.

I guess I'm supposed to install the unified installer, but I don't know where to find it for Mac.

Any help please!

ajung ajung

Re: Install Plone on Mac - Complete Newbie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X

RayanZenner wrote

espen espen

18. mars 2014 kl. 05:35 skrev RayanZenner [via Plone] <[hidden email]>:

Hi, I need to install Plone on my Mac but I can't seem to get my head around it. I download the installer from the site here: OS X Lion/Mountain Lion Binary Installer.

I guess I'm supposed to install the unified installer, but I don't know where to find it for Mac.

both should work, you will find the unifed installer on the same page (its the same as the linux).
I would guess it is slightly easier for you to use th binary installer.

What happened when you tried to install (ran the installer)?

Espen

Any help please!

http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Install-Plone-on-Mac-Complete-Newbie-tp7570682.html
To start a new topic under Installation, Setup, Upgrades, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Plone, click here.
NAML

RayanZenner RayanZenner

Re: Install Plone on Mac - Complete Newbie

Well, I got a default html page open that said I had installed Plone and that I had to run a bunch of commands to my terminal. I did this but when I opened localhost: 8080, I just got a not found message.

Could anybody just walk me through installing Plone on Mac, and or where to get unified installer for Mac.

Thanks