Importing a tarball with quintagroup.transmogrifier does nothing

James Andrewartha James Andrewartha

Importing a tarball with quintagroup.transmogrifier does nothing

Hi,

I have a Plone 3.2 site I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3.2 using transmogrifier. I've managed to export a directory data OK from the old site, but when I upload the tarball to the new site nothing gets imported. I stuck in some print debugging in importSiteStructure in quintagroup/transmogrifier/exportimport.py and it appears when in portal_setup I use "Import uploaded tarball" something about the Products.GenericSetup.context.TarballImportContext is missing the profile_path and so the "if context.readDataFile('quintagroup.transmogrifier-import.txt') is None:" check fails.

There was an old reference at http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Transmogrifier-import-not-doing-anything-td4641046.html to https://web.archive.org/web/20100417103920/http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier#Contentexport which suggests you have to untar the file, add a quintagroup.transmogrifier-import.txt file and then import it, but none of the other guides* seem to mention this step. I guess I could try altering the reader pipeline to use the directory context and have it read from a directory on the filesystem, but I'm still bemused as to how the tarball import is supposed to work.

I did try selecting the quintagroup.transmogrifier profile in the dropdown at the top of portal_setup/Import but that didn't help at all. Does anyone have an idea of how to get the import to work?

Thanks,

* http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier/plone3-4 https://developer.plone.org/content/importexport.html (also they should be updated to note sitewalker can take start-path now rather than dealing with catalogsource)

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer
James Andrewartha James Andrewartha

Re: Importing a tarball with quintagroup.transmogrifier does nothing

On 05/04/14 11:04, James Andrewartha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Plone 3.2 site I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3.2 using transmogrifier. I've managed to export a directory data OK from the old site, but when I upload the tarball to the new site nothing gets imported. I stuck in some print debugging in importSiteStructure in quintagroup/transmogrifier/exportimport.py and it appears when in portal_setup I use "Import uploaded tarball" something about the Products.GenericSetup.context.TarballImportContext is missing the profile_path and so the "if context.readDataFile('quintagroup.transmogrifier-import.txt') is None:" check fails.
>
> There was an old reference at http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Transmogrifier-import-not-doing-anything-td4641046.html to https://web.archive.org/web/20100417103920/http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier#Contentexport which suggests you have to untar the file, add a quintagroup.transmogrifier-import.txt file and then import it, but none of the other guides* seem to mention this step. I guess I could try altering the reader pipeline to use the directory context and have it read from a directory on the filesystem, but I'm still bemused as to how the tarball import is supposed to work.
>
> I did try selecting the quintagroup.transmogrifier profile in the dropdown at the top of portal_setup/Import but that didn't help at all. Does anyone have an idea of how to get the import to work?

OK, so you do need to select the quintagroup.transmogrifier profile, and
use a directory rather than tarball. Further, you do need to use
catalogsource with a query rather than sitewalker and start-path, as
sitewalker doesn't output a .objects.xml in the root directory of the
export, and so again, importing does nothing.

I also hit
https://github.com/collective/quintagroup.transmogrifier/issues/5 which
was easy to work around.

Now, when exporting another directory, I have a PloneFormGen Form with
some HTML content that causes this barf:

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 656, in manage_exportSelectedSteps
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1117, in _doRunExportSteps
>   Module quintagroup.transmogrifier.exportimport, line 89, in exportSiteStructure
>   Module quintagroup.transmogrifier.writer, line 47, in __iter__
>   Module quintagroup.transmogrifier.datacorrector, line 58, in __iter__
>   Module quintagroup.transmogrifier.adapters.exporting, line 27, in __call__
>   Module quintagroup.transmogrifier.adapters.exporting, line 36, in exportReferences
>   Module xml.dom.minidom, line 1925, in parseString
>   Module xml.dom.expatbuilder, line 940, in parseString
>   Module xml.dom.expatbuilder, line 223, in parseString
> ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 28, column 84

The part xml.dom is dying on is

>         <field name="thanksEpilogue">
>                 &lt;div&gt;&lt;p&gt;Your order has been sent to to David Kenworthy (DT Technician). He will discuss the order with your teacher and Geoff McGillivray (Head of Department). The order will then be placed.&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;You will get an email when your materials have arrived.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
>         </field>

of which column 84 appears to be the '(' character. I also have a csv
file that is full of &quot; which xml.dom doesn't like either. Is there
an easy way to exclude specific files with transmogrifier?