Importing a plone site

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MW Mike Weiner (5028)

Importing a plone site

I have zope 2.8.1 and plone 2.1.1 running on my FC4 server, and before i
really do anything, i was wondering if i could import my OLD plone site
content. I have tried to export the plone site on the old system using
the ZMI, which was successful, i then ftp'd up the zexp file into the
/import/ directory, and can see the file in the import table in the ZMI,
but when i go to click the import, i get the following error:

Site Error

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'str' object has no attribute 'append'

________________________________

Troubleshooting Suggestions

* The URL may be incorrect.
* The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
* A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an
error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error
log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your patience.

Do i have to "add a plone site" first and then do the import? Any
pointers would be greatfully appreciated

 <http://www.interactive.ag.com/> "Our brands and content help
people connect and express themselves everyday in everyway"
<http://www.americangreetings.com/>

Michael Weiner, Linux+, Linux+ SME
Senior Systems Administrator AmericanGreetings.com
One American Road
Cleveland, OH 44144
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=One+American+Road&csz=Cl
eveland%2C+OH++44144&country=us>
[hidden email]
IM: hUnTeRoZe
http://www.interactive.ag.com <http://www.interactive.ag.com/>
tel:
fax:
mobile: (216) 889-5028
(216) 889-5029
(216) 965-8619

Add me to your address book...
<https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=12885008288&v0=209910&k0=491764583>
Want a signature like this? <http://www.plaxo.com/signature>

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung

Re: Importing a plone site

--On 18. Oktober 2005 08:49:33 -0400 "MW Mike Weiner (5028)"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have zope 2.8.1 and plone 2.1.1 running on my FC4 server, and before i
> really do anything, i was wondering if i could import my OLD plone site
> content. I have tried to export the plone site on the old system using
> the ZMI, which was successful, i then ftp'd up the zexp file into the
> /import/ directory, and can see the file in the import table in the ZMI,
> but when i go to click the import, i get the following error:

Please provide the *full* traceback. A stripped down traceback is pretty
much worthless since it does not contain the necessary information to see
where the error happens.

-aj

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MW Mike Weiner (5028)

RE: Importing a plone site

I would if I could, that's all that appeared in the browser - and since
there is no plone site yet, I am unsure how to get you the requested
error.

Michael Weiner

--
Andreas -

Is this a little more detailed? Here is the error I receive after I
added a plone site, and tried the import again:

 Exception Details
Back to Error Log

Time
    2005/10/18 10:22:29.765 GMT-4
User Name (User Id)
    plone (plone)
Request URL
    http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone/manage_importObject
Exception Type
    AttributeError
Exception Value
    'str' object has no attribute 'append'

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 561, in manage_importObject
    * Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 578, in _importObjectFromFile
    * Module ZODB.ExportImport, line 75, in importFile
    * Module transaction._transaction, line 297, in savepoint
    * Module transaction._transaction, line 294, in savepoint
    * Module transaction._transaction, line 657, in __init__
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 1034, in savepoint
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 470, in _commit
    * Module ZODB.ExportImport, line 140, in _importDuringCommit

AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'append'

Display traceback as text
REQUEST
form
submit 'Import'
set_owner 1
file 'Plone.zexp'
cookies
tree-s
'eJzTyCkw5NLIKTDiClZ3hANXW3WuAmOuRKCECUjWFEk2wMUTJGvGlQgEegAB4g/5'
__ac 'bXdlaW5lcjpzc213eW8%3D%0A'
__ac_name 'mweiner'
_ZopeId '15997434A2DE3OyTX7s'
lazy items
SESSION <bound method SessionDataManager.getSessionData of
<SessionDataManager at /session_data_manager>>
other
TraversalRequestNameStack []
LANGUAGE 'en'
AUTHENTICATED_USER plone
URL 'http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone/manage_importObject'
SERVER_URL 'http://intranet2.ag.com'
LANGUAGE_TOOL <Products.PloneLanguageTool.LanguageTool.LanguageBinding
instance at 0xb271ba4c>
AUTHENTICATION_PATH ''
set_owner 1
file 'Plone.zexp'
PUBLISHED <bound method PloneSite.manage_importObject of
<PloneSite at /Plone>>
ACTUAL_URL 'http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone/manage_importObject'
URL0 http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone/manage_importObject
URL1 http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone
URL2 http://intranet2.ag.com
BASE0 http://intranet2.ag.com
BASE1 http://intranet2.ag.com
BASE2 http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone
BASE3 http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone/manage_importObject
environ
HTTP_COOKIE '__ac="bXdlaW5lcjpzc213eW8%3D%0A"; __ac_name="mweiner";
tree-s="eJzTyCkw5NLIKTDiClZ3hANXW3WuAmOuRKCECUjWFEk2wMUTJGvGlQgEegAB4g/5
"; _ZopeId="15997434A2DE3OyTX7s"'
SERVER_SOFTWARE 'Zope/(Zope 2.8.1-1.fc4.agcom, python 2.4.2, linux2)
ZServer/1.1 Plone/Unknown'
SCRIPT_NAME ''
REQUEST_METHOD 'POST'
HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE '300'
SERVER_PROTOCOL 'HTTP/1.1'
channel.creation_time 1129645320
CONNECTION_TYPE 'keep-alive'
HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET 'ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7'
HTTP_USER_AGENT 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6'
HTTP_REFERER 'http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone/'
SERVER_NAME '0.0.0.0'
REMOTE_ADDR '10.10.240.201'
PATH_TRANSLATED '/Plone/manage_importObject'
SERVER_PORT '8080'
CONTENT_LENGTH '47'
HTTP_HOST 'intranet2.ag.com:80'
HTTP_ACCEPT
'text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/pla
in;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5'
GATEWAY_INTERFACE 'CGI/1.1'
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR '10.10.232.75'
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE 'en-us,en;q=0.5'
CONTENT_TYPE 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING 'gzip,deflate'
PATH_INFO '/Plone/manage_importObject'

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance
Michael Weiner

Maik Ihde-4 Maik Ihde-4

Re: Importing a plone site

MW Mike Weiner (5028 <MWeiner@...> writes:

> I have zope 2.8.1 and plone 2.1.1 running on my FC4 server, and before i
> really do anything, i was wondering if i could import my OLD plone site
> content. I have tried to export the plone site on the old system using
> the ZMI, which was successful, i then ftp'd up the zexp file into the
> /import/ directory, and can see the file in the import table in the ZMI,
> but when i go to click the import, i get the following error:

Isn't the .zexp Import broken in Zope 2.8.1? Then you might want to try Zope
2.8.2 which has recently been released...

Regards
Maik

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MW Mike Weiner (5028)

RE: Re: Importing a plone site

> I have zope 2.8.1 and plone 2.1.1 running on my FC4 server, and before

> i really do anything, i was wondering if i could import my OLD plone
> site content. I have tried to export the plone site on the old system
> using the ZMI, which was successful, i then ftp'd up the zexp file
> into the /import/ directory, and can see the file in the import table
> in the ZMI, but when i go to click the import, i get the following
error:

Isn't the .zexp Import broken in Zope 2.8.1? Then you might want to try
Zope
2.8.2 which has recently been released...
--
Maik -

I installed zope 2.8.2 and am running plone 2.1.1 but I still get errors
when trying to import Plone.zexp from a zope-2.7.4/plone-2.0.5 site.
Getting a traceback in the event log:

------
2005-10-18T15:39:54 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://intranet2.ag.com/Plone/manage_importObject
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 113, in
publish
    request, bind=1)
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py", line 88, in
mapply
    if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context)
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 40, in
call_object
    result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published
object.
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py", line 561, in
manage_importObject
    set_owner=set_owner)
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py", line 578, in
_importObjectFromFile
    ob=connection.importFile(
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py", line 75, in
importFile
    t.savepoint(optimistic=True)
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/transaction/_transaction.py", line 297,
in savepoint
    self._saveCommitishError() # reraises!
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/transaction/_transaction.py", line 294,
in savepoint
    savepoint = Savepoint(self, optimistic, *self._resources)
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/transaction/_transaction.py", line 657,
in __init__
    savepoint = savepoint()
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 1034, in
savepoint
    self._commit(None)
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 470, in
_commit
    self._importDuringCommit(transaction, *self._import)
  File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py", line 140, in
_importDuringCommit
    pickler.dump(unpickler.load())
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'append'

Thanks for your assistance
Michael Weiner

Maik Ihde-4 Maik Ihde-4

Re: Importing a plone site

> > I have zope 2.8.1 and plone 2.1.1 running on my FC4 server, and before
>
> I installed zope 2.8.2 and am running plone 2.1.1 but I still get errors
> when trying to import Plone.zexp from a zope-2.7.4/plone-2.0.5 site.
> Getting a traceback in the event log:

I overlooked that you are using Fedora Core 4. Do you use the shipped Zope
from Fedora Extras? Which Python version is your Zope Instanze using?

If you are using Python 2.4 I suggest that you retry using the recommended
Python Version 2.3.5. I ran into a couple of funny errors myself on FC4 with
Zope 2.8.x/Python 2.4.x and then switched back to Python 2.3.5 and they were
gone...

Kind Regards
Maik

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MW Mike Weiner (5028)

RE: Re: Importing a plone site

> > I have zope 2.8.1 and plone 2.1.1 running on my FC4 server, and
> > before
>
> I installed zope 2.8.2 and am running plone 2.1.1 but I still get
> errors when trying to import Plone.zexp from a zope-2.7.4/plone-2.0.5
site.
> Getting a traceback in the event log:

I overlooked that you are using Fedora Core 4. Do you use the shipped
Zope from Fedora Extras? Which Python version is your Zope Instanze
using?

If you are using Python 2.4 I suggest that you retry using the
recommended Python Version 2.3.5. I ran into a couple of funny errors
myself on FC4 with Zope 2.8.x/Python 2.4.x and then switched back to
Python 2.3.5 and they were gone...
--
Maik -

No, I build all my python RPMS by hand, since that's the application
layer we use here for what we do on the internet. I did rebuild zope to
2.8.2 and rebuilt plone to 2.1.1 and I still receive the errors - could
it be the way py24 handles the pickled export file? Wont I have to
rebuild zope/plone against py235?

I will try your suggestion and roll back to python 2.3.5 and report back
on my progress. I was really hoping I could simply take my Plone.zexp
exported from my OLD plone box and import it into my NEW plone box and
get MOST of my content back without having to do it all by hand again.
Possibly loosing anything that was based on a product that wasn't
installed yet or "broken" in this new version.

Thanks again
Michael Weiner