How to use catalog in Plone 2.1

RedTurtle RedTurtle

How to use catalog in Plone 2.1

Hi all.

Now working on Plone 2.1, I have many problems with the catalog that
force me to recatalog ().
From ZMI I use the "Clear catalog" function and then I use the "Find
object" to recatalog all, but I can't select "All object" so I must
select a subset from this list.

My problem is this: I don't know exactly how to select all the correctly object.
There is a way to select, with a single category of the list, all
ATTypes default in Plone 2.1?

A wrong selection here have strange repercussions in Plone (like see
zope object in Plone site root!).

mroeder mroeder

Re: How to use catalog in Plone 2.1

Hi,

RedTurtle a écrit :

> Hi all.
>
> Now working on Plone 2.1, I have many problems with the catalog that
> force me to recatalog ().
>>From ZMI I use the "Clear catalog" function and then I use the "Find
> object" to recatalog all, but I can't select "All object" so I must
> select a subset from this list.
>
> My problem is this: I don't know exactly how to select all the correctly object.
> There is a way to select, with a single category of the list, all
> ATTypes default in Plone 2.1?

Check out PloneMaintenance. It contains a script "rebuildCatalogs" that
can recatalog exactly what you need. I'd be glad to help make it work
perfectly with Plone 2.1.

http://ingeniweb.sourceforge.net/Products/PloneMaintenance/

Best regards,

Maik Röder

> A wrong selection here have strange repercussions in Plone (like see
> zope object in Plone site root!).

Steve McMahon Steve McMahon

Re: How to use catalog in Plone 2.1

Take a look at the "Recatalog" tab in the portal_atct tool.

RedTurtle wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Now working on Plone 2.1, I have many problems with the catalog that
> force me to recatalog ().
> From ZMI I use the "Clear catalog" function and then I use the "Find
> object" to recatalog all, but I can't select "All object" so I must
> select a subset from this list.
>
> My problem is this: I don't know exactly how to select all the correctly object.
> There is a way to select, with a single category of the list, all
> ATTypes default in Plone 2.1?
>
> A wrong selection here have strange repercussions in Plone (like see
> zope object in Plone site root!).

Alexander Limi Alexander Limi

Re: How to use catalog in Plone 2.1

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:48:50 -0700, mroeder
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>>  My problem is this: I don't know exactly how to select all the
>> correctly object.
>> There is a way to select, with a single category of the list, all
>> ATTypes default in Plone 2.1?
>
> Check out PloneMaintenance. It contains a script "rebuildCatalogs" that
> can recatalog exactly what you need. I'd be glad to help make it work
> perfectly with Plone 2.1.
>
> http://ingeniweb.sourceforge.net/Products/PloneMaintenance/

This functionality is already in portal_atct, just FYI.