Fixed header and navigation

Erwin Ambrosch|XHOSTPLUS Erwin Ambrosch|XHOSTPLUS

Fixed header and navigation

Hi,

has one realised a plone site where the header and navigation portlet
doesn't scroll with the rest of the page (without frames).

I would need the following: Fixed header, fixed Navigation Portlet,
fixed News Portlet and a scrollable content. Is this possible with plone?

Thanks for any comment.

Erwin

Brett Kennedy Brett Kennedy

RE: Fixed header and navigation

You can use plone's css to set the header & everything in the left column to use absolute postioning. I've never tried this though, so can't say how much work that would be. I would guess it's just a matter of finding the div's to set to be positioned absolutely.
Brett

J Cameron Cooper-3 J Cameron Cooper-3

Erwin Ambrosch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has one realised a plone site where the header and navigation portlet
> doesn't scroll with the rest of the page (without frames).
>
> I would need the following: Fixed header, fixed Navigation Portlet,
> fixed News Portlet and a scrollable content. Is this possible with plone?

You just need to do some CSS position:fixed statements. Might be easier
in the tableless skin.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visuren.html#fixed-positioning

                --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/

Enfold Systems, LLC
http://www.enfoldsystems.com

Aaron VanDerlip Aaron VanDerlip

Re: Fixed header and navigation

Oh how I wish that I could used the position:fixed statement to get
around a client that insists on having the framed look.  Everything was
working great until I tested it on IE. From what I understand IE does
not handled position:fixed without some very strange work arounds.  We
can work all day making beautiful, compliant, CSS2 layouts only to have
the Monopolies browser play by its own rules.

J Cameron Cooper wrote:

> Erwin Ambrosch wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> has one realised a plone site where the header and navigation portlet
>> doesn't scroll with the rest of the page (without frames).
>>
>> I would need the following: Fixed header, fixed Navigation Portlet,
>> fixed News Portlet and a scrollable content. Is this possible with plone?
>

> You just need to do some CSS position:fixed statements. Might be easier
> in the tableless skin.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visuren.html#fixed-positioning
>
>         --jcc

Aaron VanDerlip Aaron VanDerlip