Quantcast

Error with a TAL-Expression about view

andreasma andreasma

Error with a TAL-Expression about view

Hi,

I try to create an add-on for the LibreOffice community template site, that makes it
easy for contributors to upload a template to the site (the Plone Software Center
hierarchy is to complicated for that). Thus I created a new add-on with paster and
added three content types to it: the TemplateUploadCenter, the templateproject and
the downloadablefile. They should later be in a hierarchy (the later ones should only
be created inside the first one).
I tried then to add a view to the add-on for the TemplateUploadCenter, but I can't
get it to work. I get only the base_view. I created a page-template for the
templatecenter but I get an error now with the TAL-expression:
       tal:define="view context/@@templateuploadcenter_view">

The traceback is here: http://pastie.org/3139263

It's the view-part of the expression that causes the error-message.

My current code is here:
https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter

The page-template is this:
https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter/blob/master/collective/TemplateUploadCenter/skins/templateuploadcenter/templateuploadcenter_view.pt

Thanks for any hint

Regards,
Andreas
--
## Developer LibreOffice
## http://LibreOffice.org

andreasma andreasma

Re: Error with a TAL-Expression about view

Hi Benjamin,

I don't get what you explained.

Am Freitag, 6. Januar 2012, 22:44:48 schrieb Benjamin Hedrich:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> 1. your template (in skins/) is called "templateuploadcenter_view.pt"
> (https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter/blob/master/c
> ollective/TemplateUploadCenter/browser/configure.zcml)

The name of the template is
name="templateuploadcenter_view"  #[line 11]
and the path to the template is in line 13:
template="../skins/templateuploadcenter/templateuploadcenter_view.pt"

> 2. your browser view is registered as "templateuploadcenter_view"

yes.

> -> you get this recursion exception, i think

I looked at the Plone Software Center browser-view and template-setting and can't
find the point where I not followed the way it was done there.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't catched it yet.

Regards,
Andreas

Dieter Maurer Dieter Maurer

Andreas Mantke wrote at 2012-1-6 22:09 +0100:
>I tried then to add a view to the add-on for the TemplateUploadCenter, but I can't
>get it to work. I get only the base_view. I created a page-template for the
>templatecenter but I get an error now with the TAL-expression:
>       tal:define="view context/@@templateuploadcenter_view">
>
>The traceback is here: http://pastie.org/3139263

Path expressions (like "context/@@templateuploadcenter_view") try
to call the resulting object. If this is really a view, you might
not want it to be automatically called here. Then, you could
use

        tal:define="view nocall:context/@@templateuploadcenter_view">

instead.

--
Dieter

andreasma andreasma

Re: Error with a TAL-Expression about view

Hi Dieter,

Am Montag, 9. Januar 2012, 10:14:45 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

> Andreas Mantke wrote at 2012-1-6 22:09 +0100:
> >
> >I tried then to add a view to the add-on for the TemplateUploadCenter, but
> >I can't get it to work. I get only the base_view. I created a
> >page-template for the
> >
> >templatecenter but I get an error now with the TAL-expression:
> >
> >       tal:define="view context/@@templateuploadcenter_view">
> >
> >The traceback is here: http://pastie.org/3139263
>
> Path expressions (like "context/@@templateuploadcenter_view") try
> to call the resulting object. If this is really a view, you might
> not want it to be automatically called here. Then, you could
> use
>
> tal:define="view nocall:context/@@templateuploadcenter_view">
>
> instead.

thanks for your hint, but it doesn't solve the issue. I get nearly the same error
message.

Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Mantke wrote at 2012-1-9 20:45 +0100:

>Am Montag, 9. Januar 2012, 10:14:45 schrieb Dieter Maurer:
>> Andreas Mantke wrote at 2012-1-6 22:09 +0100:
>> >
>> >I tried then to add a view to the add-on for the TemplateUploadCenter, but
>> >I can't get it to work. I get only the base_view. I created a
>> >page-template for the
>> >
>> >templatecenter but I get an error now with the TAL-expression:
>> >
>> >       tal:define="view context/@@templateuploadcenter_view">
>> >
>> >The traceback is here: http://pastie.org/3139263
>>
>> Path expressions (like "context/@@templateuploadcenter_view") try
>> to call the resulting object. If this is really a view, you might
>> not want it to be automatically called here. Then, you could
>> use
>>
>> tal:define="view nocall:context/@@templateuploadcenter_view">
>>
>> instead.
>
>thanks for your hint, but it doesn't solve the issue. I get nearly the same error
>message.

>From the same location inside your template (containing the "view" definition
above)?
That would be surprising.

Maybe, you have somewhere else in your template another (possibly inadvertant)
call of the view?

--
Dieter

andreasma andreasma

Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012, 07:34:36 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

> Andreas Mantke wrote at 2012-1-9 20:45 +0100:

> >> Path expressions (like "context/@@templateuploadcenter_view") try
> >> to call the resulting object. If this is really a view, you might
> >> not want it to be automatically called here. Then, you could
> >> use
> >>
> >> tal:define="view nocall:context/@@templateuploadcenter_view">
> >>
> >> instead.
> >
> >thanks for your hint, but it doesn't solve the issue. I get nearly the
> >same error message.
>
> From the same location inside your template (containing the "view"
> definition above)?
> That would be surprising.

yes, it's at the same place.
The template (and the project) is in the current status in my repository at
github.com:
https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter

> Maybe, you have somewhere else in your template another (possibly
> inadvertant) call of the view?

You can look at the project / script:
https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter/blob/master/collective/TemplateUploadCenter/skins/templateuploadcenter/templateuploadcenter_view.pt

The expression should be in line 20 (currently I deleted it, because I get the error
and could not work further on the add-on).

Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Mantke wrote at 2012-1-10 21:26 +0100:

>Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012, 07:34:36 schrieb Dieter Maurer:
>> Andreas Mantke wrote at 2012-1-9 20:45 +0100:

>> >thanks for your hint, but it doesn't solve the issue. I get nearly the
>> >same error message.
>>
>> From the same location inside your template (containing the "view"
>> definition above)?
>> That would be surprising.
>>

>yes, it's at the same place.
>The template (and the project) is in the current status in my repository at
>github.com:
>https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter
>
>> Maybe, you have somewhere else in your template another (possibly
>> inadvertant) call of the view?
>
>You can look at the project / script:
>https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter/blob/master/collective/TemplateUploadCenter/skins/templateuploadcenter/templateuploadcenter_view.pt

The original traceback came from the rendering of the
"templateuploadcenter_view" view. With the "nocall:", the view will no longer
be rendered (at least not at this place).
Maybe, your change has not yet been effective (Plone was not
restarted), when you have retried after the change?

If the problem remains, I suggest to post again the full error information
(including traceback info from your "error_log") -- for the modified
template (including the "nocall:").

--
Dieter

andreasma andreasma

Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2012, 08:23:38 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

> Andreas Mantke wrote at 2012-1-10 21:26 +0100:

> >> From the same location inside your template (containing the "view"
> >> definition above)?
> >> That would be surprising.
> >
> >yes, it's at the same place.
> >The template (and the project) is in the current status in my repository
> >at github.com:
> >https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter
> >
> >> Maybe, you have somewhere else in your template another (possibly
> >> inadvertant) call of the view?
> >
> >You can look at the project / script:
> >https://github.com/andreasma/collective.TemplateUploadCenter/blob/master/c
> >ollective/TemplateUploadCenter/skins/templateuploadcenter/templateuploadce
> >nter_view.pt
>
> The original traceback came from the rendering of the
> "templateuploadcenter_view" view. With the "nocall:", the view will no
> longer be rendered (at least not at this place).
> Maybe, your change has not yet been effective (Plone was not
> restarted), when you have retried after the change?
>
> If the problem remains, I suggest to post again the full error information
> (including traceback info from your "error_log") -- for the modified
> template (including the "nocall:").

I managed to solve my problem in the meantime. I made some more changes to the code
and tried to deactivate and then activate the add-on. Then I get an issue with
viewing the content of any TemplateUploadCenter (already created and new ones). I was
told that there is no stuff like that on the server and my status was shown as
anonymus user. I looked at the error messages (I changed to catch them all before)
and saw the issue about the missing view. I changed everything back to
templateuploadcenter_view, deactivated and activated the add-on and then it worked.

I'll commit all my changes today. Thanks for your patience. I'm one step forward now.

Regards,
Andreas